Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat416c turbo 4×4 1999, sliding extendahoe

Newfiecat ยท 2014-08-10 18:30

Hi, wonder if anyone can give some advice. I have a Cat 416C turbo 4x4 1999. 1. The extendahoe won't stay in and keeps sliding out slowly. 2. The front bucket sometimes doesn't want to curl out or very slowly and then works again ok after. Fluid levels ok, no obvious leaks. Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1lantraxco2014-08-10 18:45

    Requires diagnosis, could be cylinder piston seals bypassing, or possibly malfunctioning check valves/port reliefs in the valve stack, or a combination of issues.

  2. #2radarcat2014-08-15 00:39

    For the extend cylinder, also check that the spool is not hanging in the control segment. Take the plastic cover off the controls and work the pedal. The spool (shaft) in the segment should work freely up and down. The spool spring should pull or push the spool to center position. On my 416c, I rebuilt the extend cylinder which improved the problem but still had some leakage. I finally replaced the control segment and it was just like new.