I was wondering if someone has some detailed pics of the 463 pull? I'm planing on building one to pull with my D9R. Any help would be appreciated.
Do you mean you are going to convert one to hydraulic? if so I've been there and done that with a kit. Actually I recently traded the scraper but it's still at my shop and is for sale by the new owner
I can take new pics easier than tring to find old ones. What area of the scraper do you want? Here's a few. PM me your Email addy and I'll take some for ya
DPete, Is that a trunion that hooks the front wheel set to the scraper?
Not really a trunion, it's about an 10" + or - steel ball that fits into a brass bushing in the neck then a flange is bolted from the bottom side of the ball into the neck to keep it in place. The ball has a tapered stem that goes thru the dolly and is bolted with a heavy washer from underneath. It looks like an ice cream cone, the ice cream being the ball and the cone the stem
Dpete, I'm building a 1/10 scale model of it to pull behind a D9R model that I also built and just need some good pics of the whole unit. I appreciate the pics. Sorry for the confusion.
Ha ha on me :falldownlaugh I was thinkin full scale
Thanks DPete, Thinking of setting up an old 637 to pull type. (asked in the McAninch thread if that is to big for my D9G). Know of any conventionals converted to pull types?
Zhkent, not really there was a guy here that tried to convert a 631 to be pulled with a Steiger but the GPM on the hydraulic system was to low to run the big rams. Would have been to much scraper anyway. Good luck
Do a search for RolyD8k posts, I am pretty sure those are the boxes he pulls with his D8Ks here in the UK there are literally dozens of pictures that he has taken. Thinking about it there are some in the McAinch towed scraper thread.
Cat and Can Here's a picture of RolyD8k's, Cat 463 scraper pulled by Cat D8K, in England.
463 Thanks Northart,excuse me for joining yall,heres some more pictures:drinkup
zhkent The guy I bought my 9G off told me how he converted a 631 to a pull scraper for one of his D9's, it was sent off to its first job and he started to convert a second one. He had checked with the driver and the driver assured him the machine was working perfectly-however he had an errand to do near the job site so decided to drop in and see for himself how things were progressing! He was dismayed to see the D9 struggling to even get the scraper filled to the top of the sides never mind get a heaped load. So my advice would be to forget this idea, buy a 463 box and convert it Dpete has the details of a firm that does a conversion kit. Neil
Thanks for the pics guys.
Anyone know what the tire size on that scraper is? I have A used set of 40/65 R39, wondering what they go to.
463 Tony, fronts are 23.5x25 and rears are 29.5x29 :drinkup
Check your email. I'm interested in your tires. For some reason, the system isn't allowing me to reply to your for sale threads. :beatsme