I greet you, colleagues - like-minded people. I congratulate you on the holidays and wish you to stay healthy!
M5K06268 2022.9.2
The problem is that after replacement, the tension roller began to whistle often, wedging and tearing the belt. We assume that during the repair process, the second roller was installed incorrectly and now the tension roller is under heavy loads. The length of the belt may also not be correct. There is no information about it in the sources I was able to find.
Maybe this photo might help as regards the routing of the belt. The belt Part Number listed in the Parts manual for your machine is a 350-8742 which has 8 ribs, a length of 1684mm and width of 28.3mm. EDIT: Are you sure that the bearing in the tensioner pulley is in good condition.?
This is what the tension roller bearing has become...
I wonder if the state of that bearing was the cause of the belt problems, the result of installing the belt incorrectly, or the wrong belt - or some combination of all three.?
That's how they put it here. The belt length was 1652. Here's the answer. The question still remained about the position of the stationary roller. I'll probably guess its position by the length of the belt.
Check out the photo in Post #4 above. I think it shows the route of the belt reasonably well. It was the best one I could find by the way.
Nige, I am very grateful to you for your participation in solving my questions. Can you tell me what engine model is installed on it by the car number?
The engine model is a C7.1.