Working on my mountain, I broke this cap off that crossbar. I have been afraid to move the machine. Do you think i could drive it easy to my home for repairs? I was unable to find the Cap and not able to find a Cap part number in the parts manual. Would anybody have any ideas on how to repair this? What are my options? Red arrow shows the cap i lost see pics- thanks
I am also worried about removing those broken bolts.
Just to get the correct Part Number. What's the machine Serial Number..? TBH I wouldn't like to contemplate moving it unless you could at least get something temporary in place to hold the track frame to the equalizer bar.
vehicle z78y00786 eng 45v35245 trans 4na01629
It would appear as though you might have a Parts manual that is applicable to an older machine. For your Serial Number (actually 78Y00695-00859) this is what is shown as the parts breakdown.
pulled one on 963 one time,for bolts on axel, looks like if dont come out ease you may be doing same thing.
This is come great information, I will phone cat and see what they can get me. Thank you very much!. I will get back with my results, this may take me a while to track down and do.
From your photos it is apparent that the spherical bearing on the track frame is broken. To replace that bearing using the procedure in the manual requires the track and track frame to be removed. In that state there ought to be plenty of access to the end of the E-Bar to extract the broken end cap bolts. Edit: if the machine is not a favourable location to do that type of work, then maybe something of a temporary repair to get it from where it is to a safer location would be a plan.
Might I trouble you for one more thing, my parts manual does not show that bearing, have you a part number for that too? thanks much
I'll send you a bunch of disassembly information and also the parts listing for that bearing and all the other bits & pieces around it. TBH I think you are not going to know exactly what parts you need until you get the whole shooting match apart.