Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Catapillar 262D Code 2204-3 & 3700-3 Questions

Clinton Parker · 2020-09-24 20:16

I am new the forum and I just picked up a 2014 Cat 262D. The machine runs fine but I noticed the other day that there was an alert light that was staying on but not flashing. Just like that check engine light So I went into the settings finding the event log. It had two codes displayed. The first code was 2204-3 Machine, Auxiliary Lever #1 Position Sensor voltage above normal. The second code was 3700-3 Machine, Loader Bucket Inclinometer Sensor Voltage above normal. I checked online for the reasons for these codes with varying answers. My controls on both joysticks work fine. The bucket operates fine. Am I missing something or does this indicate that the is a problem coming down the road. I have a Cat repair shop across from my business but they are backed up with repairs. I am mechanical inclined so I can wrench okay. If I can fix this without going into the repair shop, I will give it a try. If it is more than I can handle I will drive it across the street to the Cat repair.

Replies16
  1. #1Nige2020-09-26 03:01

    Do you have a multimeter.? If so I can post troubleshooting procedures regarding the Codes you have. Also a machine Serial Number would help.

  2. #2Clinton Parker2020-09-26 08:11

    Yes I have a multimeter. Serial # TDTB01086

  3. #3Nige2020-09-26 08:29

    Here you go. I'll send you the Electrical Schematic separately. You'll need that as well.

  4. #4Clinton Parker2020-09-26 09:21

    Thank you for the info. I will check it out today after working

  5. #5Clinton Parker2020-09-27 12:18

    Today after reading over the Electrical Schematic and the parts locations in the diagrams I went to the shop to look at these parts. The first thing that was discovered was that the Loader Bucket Inclinometer Sensor was missing. Just the wires tucked under the attachment bracket. It appeaars that has been missing for some time. Just wondering if the previous owner removed this item to keep the bucket on manual operation. Like I previous stated that the controls work fine. Should I replace this item or just use the item as is.

  6. #6Nige2020-09-29 02:16

    The choice whether to replace the inclinometer or not is entirely up to you. It’s probable that the sensor failed and a previous owner simply couldn’t be bothered to replace it. The Code that is most likely responsible for the warning light is the one for the auxiliary work tool control.

  7. #7Clinton Parker2020-09-29 09:27

    When checking the wiring it appears that this was never replaced before. So I will order a new sensor and that may clear up both codes. Thank you for your help and when it is installed I will let you know how it went.

  8. #8Russell mosser2022-10-10 10:03

    I have a question on a 299d2 that's code is 2204-3

  9. #9Nige2022-10-10 12:10

    Please create a new thread in the CTL/MTL section of the Compact Equipment part of the forum. Quote your machine Serial Number when you post. It makes finding information easier. See here for assistance regarding creating a new thread - HeavyEquipmentForums

  10. #10shopgpmpavement2023-07-26 16:18

    Does anyone have a picture of the location of the sensor? for code 3700-3 or can anyone point me to where it is located. Thanks Devin.

  11. #11Nige2023-07-26 16:41

    What model & Serial Number machine do you have.?

  12. #12shopgpmpavement2023-07-26 17:00

    2019 262D SN#0262DCDTB10563

  13. #13Nige2023-07-26 17:49

    See Post #4 above for the troubleshooting procedure. I'll send you an electrical schematic that shows the location of the sensor on the machine. Keep an eye on your messages.

  14. #14richardr107042024-10-23 11:14

    Could someone send me a schematic for the sensors so I can run through the trouble shooting SN Taw10473

  15. #15Nige2024-10-23 12:33

    Check your message inbox.

  16. #16richardr107042024-10-23 12:34

    Thank you