Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Catepillar 308 pin grabber quick coupler on a Yanmar.

fast_st ยท 2024-07-01 18:18

I havent taken a picture of the tag it seems so I don't have the serial number Took a 308 hydraulic pin grabber. had the pin holes line bored from 45-50mm, took 1/4 inch off the bosses on the inside to get enough room for the stick and dogbones, trimmed 3/8 inch off the outside of one boss to make room for the thumb. I sourced the cat valve and installed that on the Yanmar, takes the curl bucket function and is normally open to the tighten function. Okay, everything seems to work, but I have a couple questions. This coupler uses what looks like a spring loaded lever arm to lock the coupler from opening, it pushes into place when the bucket is uncurled fully. Is the spring supposed to be under tension constantly, it presses against the end of the stick. to grab and lock, there is a hook that grabs the front pin when you scoop and then the hydraulic piston pushes another hook rearwards, holding the pin in the front hook and pushing on the rear pin. It looks to me that if I did the usual tree shove with the back of the bucket. something is gonna break fast, its a small piston in there and that machine can push really hard. I can get the tag number off the coupler next time I'm near it. Thanks!!

Replies0

No replies yet.