I have tested the fuel sensor, and it's resistance changes as the fuel level varies so I know that it is working correctly. I do not have a wiring manual available and was wondering if anyone might tell me where the sensor wire goes after it joins the harness. Are there any junction points between the fuel tank and the indicator panel at the drivers front right. Does it run through the Computer? Lots of questions and maybe tomorrow I will have answers from Papeete but that is not a given either. Being as the panel is a lcd screen and the reading that I have seen so far is "Low Fuel Warning" so I do not know if it uses the bar indicator from full to reserve, When I have the tank pretty close to empty I can remove the sensor assembly and see using an ohm meter that the sensor does work and upon putting it back in place, I see the resistance dropping as the tank is being filled.. That tells me there is a problem on down the line and could be in the processing circuits, where ever they are.... Thanks in advance to all who might just be able to steer me in the right direction
Found and checked the fuse, it is a 30 ampere fuse and it is good, the voltage coming into the fuse is the full 24 volts, but as the seas are really rough (3.5 meter swells with winds at about 30 kts ) we buttoned up early as the weather had started to turn. I will be checking the harness to the sensor pot. to see if we have the 24 volts arriving at the input and also the output returning to the cabin(?). That is the wire I haven't been able to locate so far. Living in the South Pacific has some advantages, and some very large disadvantages, information falling into the latter catagory. Apparently no one here has experienced this problem. Perhaps it has been caused by corrosion, as we are within spitting distance of the ocean on all our islands. As soon as I find it I will post again possibly with photos of the wiring and colors etc....
Use the moniter panel and see if there are any active codes.
I will be back on site Sunday Morning, we have a site that has dog's as guardians... Didn't used to be that way here but now days... When the panel comes up is there a menu to get into the "Activity Codes"? I called the Cat Dealer yesterday and he explained wherre the fuse panel was, I had looked all over outside but it is hidden behind the operators seat. The Operator/Owner showed it to me and I took it from there.. I am pretty well qualified in Electronics and puters but everything has it's quirks and I don't want to get into something and really hose the settings.... Being an old retired Navy Chief we had a saying "The amount of knowledge gained is equal to the cube of the equipment destroyed". i for sure am not ready for having to spend days trying to re-setup the alarms and levels and all the strange stuff I still do not know about..... Thanks for the comeback, and like that patch brother, I spent 5 long yrs in the nam....
You will find the codes when you access diagnostics. Then select active codes. The password FFF2 will get you into all features. 0000 will get you into operator features only.