Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Catepillar 931 track adjustment cylinder repair

whitelightnin ยท 2024-02-21 16:10

I have a 1978 model Catepillar 931 track loader. I need to repair the left side track adjustment cylinder and am looking for a link to a video of how to make the repair. I also would like any information or advice as to whether I can make the repair without disassembling the track. Thanks! Whitelightnin

Replies3
  1. #1Nige2024-02-21 16:22

    AFAIK the track will need to be split and the front idler pulled out to get at the hydraulic track tensioner cylinder. Please post a Serial Number for a more accurate answer.

  2. #2Dave Neubert2024-02-21 19:06

    Agree with Nige

  3. #3surferboy1202024-03-04 11:44

    Sorry for the slow reply but I just made the repair on my 931B and did take the track apart. The repair is an easy fix once the heavy stuff is out of the way but getting the track back together is an effort. I would take the track tensioner cylinder off the front idler so not to damage the new parts when getting the cylinder back in. Doing so makes the process so much easier. Good luck.