Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caterpillar 12e clutch removal

bill fold · 2020-09-29 22:25

Hi. I have the engine out of my old Cat 12e grader. I am going to scrap it for parts. Part it out. A guy with an old d6 wants the D333 engine. I don't think he probably needs the bellhousing and clutch. Surely an old d6 dozer would use a different clutch and bellhousing? I have removed the bolts around the clutch assembly. It seems the clutch wont budge loose from the flywheel? Is there something I don't know? What do I have to do to get the clutch off so I can get the flywheel and bellhousing off? Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1bill fold2020-09-29 22:28

    Here is the clutch assembly. I just removed the row of outer bolts. It won’t fall off or budge. I even wiggle it with a pry bar. Any tricks? Thanks

  2. #2Dave Neubert2020-10-03 18:24

    is there any threaded holes around the outside of the clutch that you could use for pusher holes