Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CATERPILLAR 18 LITER BELT DRIVEN PROCHARGER/SUPERCHARGER TWIN STAGED BORG WARNER TURBOCHARGERS!

oarwhat ยท 2024-09-26 08:15

Check this out. This guy is a local engine builder. If you check him out he's the biggest scammer around!! What would you even use this for? facebook.com/marketplace/item/1212443159963866/?rdid=WKcflgOxlo2NoWPh&share_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fshare%2FdQhvztGjHQhWBZde%2F

Replies19
  1. #1Nige2024-09-26 08:22

    And you're giving him free advertising...........

  2. #2DDoug2024-09-26 08:28

    probably tractor & truck pullers

  3. #3Vetech632024-09-26 08:54

    Photoshop still doesn't fool me.

  4. #4oarwhat2024-09-26 09:07

    I'm sure it's actually built. Maybe I should take a ride and see it in person.

  5. #5oarwhat2024-09-26 09:07

    Again I'm not advertising for this guy I'm trying to warn people he's a well known SCAMMER.

  6. #6Cliffy2024-09-26 13:34

    Looks awesome. Even lined up the filters and hose clamps. Its just a shame the belt tensioner is on the wrong side of the belt. Also not enough contact area on idlers and pulleys. Will fry the belts on first start.

  7. #7terex herder2024-09-29 08:20

    Looks like an AC compressor so probably not for tractor pullers.

  8. #8Truck Shop2024-09-29 22:15

    This is standard issue {crazy} stuff--all over FB. BC Cummins-- claiming 600 plus--there are a few but don't last long. Funny part is there are those that buy that junk only to come back with a crying towel.

  9. #9Nige2024-09-30 04:48

    Why go for something aftermarket and as dodgy as ***k when a genuine OEM article will produce EVEN MORE power............ https://www.cat.com/en_US/products/new/power-systems/marine-power-systems/high-performance-propulsion-and-maneuvering-solutions/18494382.html

  10. #10.RC.2024-09-30 04:54

    I would bolt that engine to a spiral turbo encabulated drive train complete with ambifascient lunar waneshaft differential and spurving axles.

  11. #11Vetech632024-09-30 07:30

    IDE hang my mailbox on it.

  12. #12Cliffy2024-09-30 07:38

    C18, tier 3, 1136hp, 2300 rpm just about sounds perfect. Just need a big salt water heat exchanger under the truck and we will be making money.

  13. #13DDoug2024-09-30 08:48

    You provided the hot link and google finds it, upping the scammers "rankings". I understand that allot of people don't know how that works.

  14. #14Nige2024-09-30 08:55

    A suggestion to the OP. Click the report button on your first post and ask a mod to remove the link.

  15. #15DDoug2024-09-30 09:04

    Yes ^^^^, and another suggestion. If you quote the OP, the hotlink comes along and the scammer now get's 2 hits. You can, while composing your post, go into the quoted section, and remove the hotlink yourself....or change it to something more "fun" like, www.die-spammers-die.com

  16. #16digger242j2024-09-30 19:43

    FB link edited out.

  17. #17oarwhat2024-10-01 06:56

    Sorry guys I had no idea I was helping him!!!!

  18. #18Nige2024-10-01 09:17

    That's what I was inferring when I first responded to your OP. @digger doug came along later and explained it better.

  19. #19Welder Dave2024-10-02 19:51

    On the real Cat high performance engine I can't believe it has a K&N style air filter. Maybe it's OK in a marine application but have always believed the reason they flow more air is because they don't filter as well. That's why they're common in drag racing. On motorcycles they aren't a good option for an everyday bike and terrible option on dirt bikes.