Hi hef got a odd issue on a old 245 s/n 95v1222 Front pump bucket/right track slow cycle times I switched control lines no difference I unhooked control from each pump one at a time back pump stayed up stroked front didn't really change. I switched hoses at combiner valve and bucket right track came to life. Stick and left track slow. Suction unrestricted. And front pump pressure only builds 3000 psi. Figured internal leakage. Changed pump with used one ? Cycle times lil better but still slow and it will build relief. So new pump won't up stroke and move enough volume is there a way to verify wash plate angle?
Don't have have access to large enough flow meter at the moment and did not verify case drain but I'm going to measure when I get back to machine. cycle times confirm flow is low. but pump builds relief pressure so I'm thinking swash plate angle not internal leakage. Any thoughts.
First used pump won't up stroke all the way another used pump and she's as good as new. They ran machine for a few years with 2 different pump flows. Then the low hour used one had same issue wondering if it's a common problem? But common on a 245 isn't that common lol
We have a 225 and had similar issues. The pump is fine, but the internal control on the rear pump had issues. I can't remember off hand but under a certain signal pressure, the pump should be at full stroke. We disconnected the signal line on the rear and got full stroke. We just left it that way. I do not believe this has anything to do with the swash plate or pump, just the servo control unit, and so far it has not been clear if removal is possible without a full pump teardown. I believe there are only a couple of Orings or springs causing the problem.
Hey fastline yeah I think servo / regulator problems are common on these style pumps. Motor disassembly is a must and on older machines I don't want to be tied to pump repair for a few hours labor when you have no idea what's coming apart in the rest of system. I Just get used or new one for most part my thinking if it's used and filters are clean it's tested ( other than flow checked like the first used one ) or get someone else to put name on it...