Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caterpillar 259B3 Bypass Engine Oil Filter

DoyleX ยท 2015-03-02 21:16

I have bought a few new machines but none that have ever turned the oil black after 10 hrs. Nor have I understood a coffee cup sized oil filter on any machine and its ability to flow and filter. So this is the end result for under $50 Primary engine oil 226A was pretty pathetic too.

Replies10
  1. #1pafarmer2015-03-03 14:36

    Great job DoyleX ! I think it be good if you would consider providing some details on the project as well as the great pictures, such as part numbers and qty's....

  2. #2DoyleX2015-10-18 20:38

    I don't give away my secrets. I will say the return is a metric o-ring fitting in a unused factory drain plug location on the side of the pan. Some simple reverse engineering off of the pics and you can find the part #'s The dealer has mysteriously lost my before and after samples. I can say the oil is clear for over 10hrs. at 50 dose start to change. I called Baldwin and found some specs on the OE cat filter. 27 micron absolute. A B50 is 3-4 absolute @98% not bad for $7 My old 226 with the ill famous pukeapillar has 3000+ hrs on it. With the bigger BT237 my clean oil hrs have doubled also.

  3. #3RTSmith2015-10-26 15:21

    GOSH- I didn't realize it was a competition. If you were in the trade of selling these kits, I'd understand. But I thought we were all just trying to help each other out around here.

  4. #4pafarmer2015-10-26 18:47

    Exactly what I said. What a douche bag !

  5. #5Canadian_digger2015-10-26 21:28

    I was thinking the same thing. Just did not say it. Why even post in the first place.

  6. #6Delmer2015-10-26 22:14

    Maybe he just forgot after 7 months? What do you guys want? the filter base that the B50 fits on? It's not that hard to find a filter base, and the lines are going to vary on different equipment.

  7. #7DDoug2015-10-27 06:56

    If he forgot, just say so...not "I don't share my secrets"....

  8. #8StumpyWally2015-10-27 10:03

    I second both those comments!!! The whole point of this forum is to share...!!

  9. #9Mobiltech2015-10-27 14:47

    How much does this affect your oil pressure when the engine is up to temp and at low idle?

  10. #10DoyleX2015-10-28 20:08

    Guys, it's not too hard to figure out what's there from the pictures. I gave you the hidden key now use your heads and improve on what I cobbled together. With fresh oil it was almost unnoticeable in the gauge at temp. The B50 has a pencil tip sized restrictor built into the filter.