Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caterpillar 287b aux hiflow not working

Wesleyredondo ยท 2022-01-10 14:02

So I have a 287b and it is giving me issues the owner before me did a lot of crappy wiring grounded wires to paint stuff like that they bypassed the seat by cutting the wires by seeing them together and the arm rest as well so I can basically start it from outside and stand in the bucket and move the joysticks and it will go the direction I choose well it had a blown ECM fuse so I change it and when I turn the key on the lights on the dash light up and go away but there is a beeping noise and one indicator that blinks it has arrows pointing to it from either side it looks like hydraulic fluid low idk.. but my fluids are good. I start it and it blows the ecm fuse. Now I pulled the ecm and it was full of water and burnt. Is there a way to bypass this ecm so I can use my aux hydraulics.

Replies8
  1. #1Wesleyredondo2022-01-10 14:04
  2. #2Nige2022-01-11 16:16

    Sorry, no. You're in for a replacement ECM or maybe get your ECM to an outfit that repairs them and see whether or not it can be repaired.

  3. #3Wesleyredondo2022-01-12 00:01

    Thanks

  4. #4Wesleyredondo2022-05-03 04:26

    Do you by chance know what color wires go to the right and left joystick. For the coils I got new ecm and harness I turn the key on and I got no power there is a relay that the work tool joy sicks wire to and then go to parking break but the wires have no number on them. Thanks

  5. #5Mobiltech2022-05-03 08:08

    Has the ecm been programmed or just a blank box?

  6. #6Nige2022-05-03 10:17

    Post a Serial Number and I can send you a copy of the electrical schematic.

  7. #7Kdv2022-08-07 12:24

    Can you send me a electrical schematic for a 297B ZSA02822?

  8. #8Nige2022-08-07 12:49

    No problem. Check your messages.