Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caterpillar 289D skid steer track loader.

juancplazav ยท 2025-08-13 09:51

Good morning! I have this track loader 289d caterpillar showing code 3509-4. any help to do troubleshooting or manual to do this? I checked harness and didn't seem any damage along the equipment.

Replies8
  1. #1Nige2025-08-13 10:12

    Can you post a machine Serial Number in order to look up the troubleshooting procedure.

  2. #2juancplazav2025-08-13 10:16

    Serial number: FTL15329.

  3. #3juancplazav2025-08-13 10:19

    also showing these logged diagnostic codes and events.

  4. #4Nige2025-08-13 10:25

    That's a 259D, not a 289D........ See the attached.

  5. #5juancplazav2025-08-13 10:27

    Correct! It's a 259D. Typed error.sorry

  6. #6Nige2025-08-13 10:31

    Oh, and BTW the engine is not original if the 8PL2165 Serial Number that appears on your ET screen is actually what is installed in the machine..

  7. #7juancplazav2025-08-13 10:38

    Im not sure about engine, because of this is new equipment that I'm looking at it the issue. Also I wonder know know about special instructions regarding REHS774 & REHS7297 that shows in attachment bottom page.

  8. #8Nige2025-08-13 10:50

    See attached.