Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caterpillar 305 hydraulic thumb options?

Nakkaman ยท 2015-10-20 04:09

Hi all, Just wondering what type of hydraulic thumb i should get for my excavator, I will mainly be using it for clearing/ handling bushes, small trees and some rocks etc. Caterpillar quoted me $3393 for a hydraulic thumb, can anyone recommend any other thumbs besides the caterpillar one?

Replies4
  1. #1diga2015-10-22 04:53

    Hi Nakkaman I live on the southside of Brisbane, I use a local guy for buckets and attachments, (Earthmaster)/Peter Gardner Engineering,Ph-38013855, he is at Loganholme, he is a real nice guy and nothing is too much trouble, I know he does thumbs as he was doing one when I was there picking up some pins a while back, hope this helps. Regards,Peter.

  2. #2mark mansa2015-11-05 07:51

    wow over 3k for a thumb for a mini wish you lived here around 1k from me!

  3. #3Rozay2015-11-17 13:02

    Do you care that its used? I'm pretty sure you can find a thumb less than what CAT quoted you

  4. #4mark g2015-11-20 16:53

    Ring a US cat dealer and get a price!!! I will when I've got some extra cash for a thumb.