Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

caterpillar 3054T engine what perkins

niamek ยท 2015-11-11 15:50

I have a cat 428d with cat engine 3054T displacement 3,99l power 80hp it has cat serial number: 204-5372 *7BJ22693* does anyone know how to translate to perkins engine numbers and types looks to me likes its perkins 1004-40T AK series but this is not enough information for perkins for ordering right parts... http://www.perkinspacific.com/Downloads/PDF/Perkins_Engine_Number_Guide.pdf I would like to find out because cat part prices are super expensive and perkins parts are cheaper... but is the same thing... only different part number... and in perkins they are not able to find out what kind of engine is this

Replies2
  1. #1Nige2015-11-11 16:11

    I think you'll find it's designed specifically for Cat machine usage and does not share that much in common with a Perkins 1004 engine. You are aware that Cat owns 100% of Perkins I assume..?

  2. #2niamek2024-02-18 13:20

    i found this Caterpillar to Perkins Engine Model Cross Reference Interchange