Hello, working on a final drive for a Cat 309 mini excavator. Need the main bearings for the planetary housing. On SIS it shows the bearings as part of a kit that includes the housing, P/N 548-7545. We don’t need the housing and the Cat parts department can’t break the kit down to individual numbers. I’ve searched online and checked with a local bearing supplier with no luck. Has anyone ran into this and was able to source the correct bearings? Was about to order the kit but thought I’d ask here first. The machine serial number is GG900574. Thanks for your time and have a nice day!
Unfortunately the 548-7545 kit appears to only be sold complete. Maybe if you could get some ID numbers from the bearings a specialist bearing supplier might be able to help you. I would imagine for their size these bearings are a bit outside the envelope for most bearing shops.
There are no numbers to be found anywhere on either halves of the old bearings. I measured them and tried to find something that way, but can’t find anything close. I’ll have to order the kit. Thanks Nige.
What you are finding with Cat is also typical of other brands and yet a little searching tells a different story. In a few minutes just looking a photos I'm fairly sure those planetary hubs are Japanese made and genuine parts(not Cat) will be available. If you can post some photos of the hydraulic motor and the hub I'm sure it can identified. The hydraulic motor motor may have a OEM tag(not Cat) with serial #, thats vital info in the search.