I bought a bucket off of a cat 320 today. It was inexpensive partially because it was missing the adjuster bushing. I called cat to buy one and they cannot help me without a positive identification of the bucket. Since there is no tag on the bucket I am stuck. it the original bucket off of a 320 cat. the hole is about 4 13/16" and the pins are 80mm.
Dang! Just for fun I took a look on SIS for 320 Cats, there must be more versions of those than any other machine. Any chance who ever you got it from could tell some information on what it came off of?
This one is the most common for a B family (80mm pin).
Have a look on the back side of the bucket, RH side if you looking towards the cab. Up somewhere near the top corner you ought to find where the rivets were that held the plate on. The bucket Part Number should have been stamped underneath the plate. So if you can find the old rivet holes you might be able to find a P/N.
it was original bucket on 320C
I'm not understanding what you mean by B family. But I'm thinking I might try ordering one of those
When the machine was spec'd before building, it could have been configured with a "B" or "C" linkage for the bucket. Simplest terms, "B" linkage has both bucket pins at 80mm diameter, whereas a "C" linkage will have the same pin diameters, but it will be wider between the hinges. Every 320 and 321 here have a "B" linkage, but, looking at parts manuals, there was a "C" linkage option available, which is more common on, say, a 325.
Pretty sure Caterpillar has a spec drawing for the 193-5015 flange. And, as stated above, the bucket serial number will be stamped on there somewhere. IIRC, it'll be between the hinges, just below the stick pin.
I found one on ebay for 100 plus shipping and tax. Im going to try it.
If you don't find a bucket Part Number where the plate is shown in the centre look where the circle is. You mave have to get the wire wheel out to remove the paint if the original data plate has gone AWOL.
We bought a used 320D a couple of years ago & it came with this bucket, which had the bottom all beat up. After the work season was over we cut the old floor out, then replaced it much of the way up the back & put new wear strips on the bottom. It is a nice bucket once again. BTW, I don't see any evidence of the tag on ours either. I can check for old rivets next time near the machine.
My ebay adapter arrived today and fits perfectly. Now I'm wanting to buy new teeth for it. I found 3 of the 4 rivets from AWOL data plate. Cleaning in that area reveals no numbers stamped in. Anyone have an idea what type and size of teeth I need?
Photos of what’s on bucket now may help.
There are at least 2 styles that it could be. If you look at the pictures of the bucket that I posted, are the keeper pins the same as ours or a different style? If the same I believe I have part numbers for the teeth & retainer pins.
Not without pictures and a simple measurement. My money says K80, BUT, it may have J300 teeth, instead.
Sorry, delay in posting. Ignore above.
Thanks, mine measure 2 1/2 inches. So allowing for tooth wall thickness, I'm assuming they are j300?
WOW, really cheap on ebay!
Do shanks need to be replaced?
Fit a new tooth and decide how much needs built up, vs welding on a new adapter.
I was thinking they should be. the outside 2 are especially bad. It was used with teeth missing. $154 shipped on ebay. So I was thinking I would just replace. I suppose the labor to replace may equal the labor to build repair. I never reolaced shanks before so I'm not sure how much work it will be.
Looking at shank photo where lone bead runs alongside shank ,lip edge looks cracked at end of bead . You may have to zoom in to see it. If it is I would repair it before putting teeth on.
Those shanks replace pretty easy. You are probably right in that time you build them up and grind on them you could have them replaced.