Hello, I own a Caterpillar 320C-L. I need to change the fluids in the WHOLE machine. Can anyone give me a detailed opinion on the types of fluid I need for each fluid? Weights? Brand? Where to buy? Possible prices? Capacities? And, tips and tricks on how to change certain ones like the swing brake? The one that has the dipstick to the left and the filler tube to the right behind the book mount. I find it odd that it has a dip stick and and filler tube that are the same size of tube. Why can't I just fill it through the dipstick tube which is the same size? Where do I drain this? What type of oil for this? I appreciate any tips. I also plan on changing all filters...... Much appreciated.......THANKS.
If you supply a Serial Number prefix I can give you the approximate capacities and generic oil specifications for each compartment. Any good-quality oil meeting the required spec will be perfectly adequate, it doesn't have to be Cat's own branded oil. Filters..? I'd use genuine Cat, but that's just me.
the serial number prefix is: (ANB) I really appreciate it!!!
For detailed information PM me with your e-mail address. Some of the files are too large to post here. Cooling System 7.9 gallons Coolant Reservoir 0.4 gallons Engine Crankcase with Filter 7.4 gallons Hydraulic System 36.5 gallons (complete system not just tank) Swing Drive 1.6 gallons Final Drive (ea) 2.1 gallons Ring gear 5.7 gallons (grease) - that's if you are planning on replacing the grease in the ring gear.