Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caterpillar 420D

gswinney ยท 2018-06-13 06:36

Good Morning, We have a Caterpillar 420D Backhoe, not all that familiar with cat, it has a steering problem! doesn't steer hard, but You have make a lot of turns with the wheel to get it to turn a little, wanted to see if Anyone could point Me in a direction to look in. Thank You!

Replies2
  1. #1Mark2502018-06-15 16:59

    Sorry a bit late getting to this post. Serial number please 1/did it just happen? 2/has any recent work been done on the machine. 3/have you checked the basics? oil levels, filters, etc. As a first step I would cap off the lines going to the steering cylinder to see if that makes a difference Mark

  2. #2gswinney2018-06-28 07:22

    Hello Mark, sorry I didn't see where anybody had replied until I got back on here,serial is BLN12026. It kind of faded in rather rapidly, nothing has been done to the machine lately, basics have been ck'ed, haven't capped the lines yet, will do that soon, this kind of a spare hoe and I have been really busy. Thank You!