Hi all. I'm usually in the dozer section, but I found a Cat 619 in a barn and am thinking about getting it. It is a running unit, although hasn't worked in 6-7 years. It's complete. It is the 4 cylinder version and has a Powershift tranny. I am a smaller dirt contractor with a flock of oldies, D6s, 7s, 8s, 988 etc. So ancient iron isn't new to me. I used to have a few allis chalmers 260s. Nice sized units and they worked good. We used them to build logging roads and loaded with an excavator. Here in upper Michigan the ground is pretty rough for self loading. Anyhow, I'd use this in the same manner, with the occasional pond work at times, where it would self load. So I'm looking for some info from anyone with experience with this mummy of a machine. Good, bad, and ugly. Is the cable ejection system a real pain? 4 cylinder engine ok? Powershift trans a good one? Anything else? Thanks in advance Matt
Nothing specific for that machine, but sitting that long, the fuel system will be full of algae. Drain tank and swab out with broom handle and rag tied on. May have to blow fuel lines out with brake cleaner and compressed air. Do you have the tractor and scraper serial number? They will be separate. Tractor number will be on the side of the frame behind the left tire. Scraper will be on the left side of the bowl
Thanks for the reply. No I don't have the numbers. Trying to get the owners grandson to find them over the phone will be fruitless. I can tell. Nice young guy, but I can just tell. I spoke directly with the grandfather who owns it, the kid is just helping list it, and he said he has run it usually every year, just sitting in the garage. He said it runs well, brakes work, etc. He said the winch clutches freeze up after sitting quite awhile. But said he knows just how to free them and said he would. He was quite knowledgeable and sounded pretty spry. I can tell by the background in the pictures that equipment is nothing new to him.
had one was good old scaper motor and tran never gave problem milk dirt out and leave a little in it or you will be breaking cable good old machine