Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

caterpillar 8t-5373 quick disconnect

nowing75 ยท 2013-11-07 09:15

Hi guys was wondering if anyone knows if the 8T-5373 quick disconnect used for engine oil removel is standard with another manufacture? cost from cat seams a bit high.

Replies5
  1. #1kshansen2013-11-07 18:06

    Have you looked close at the coupler ? Are there any other numbers on it? I know I have seen two different styles used with thee Pre-Lube systems we have on our equipment. If you can afford to remove one and take it to a shop that makes up hydraulic hoses, say an Aeroquip hose dealer.

  2. #2AKSNOW2013-11-08 00:00

    http://www.perfhyd.com/wiggins_catalog.pdf

  3. #3AKSNOW2013-11-08 00:02

    Don't know if it's the same as Cat but we use these for engine, gear, and hydraulic oil changing!

  4. #4Nige2013-11-08 08:17

    The 8T-5373 is probably made by Wiggins. It is almost the the same as a Wiggins ON2 quick coupler BUT with one important difference. The Wiggins ON2 has a 3/4" NPT thread on it. The 8T-5373 has a 1-3/16" 12TPI thread for an O-Ring Face Seal fitting. Look at that link posted above. I think a Wiggins R12 might just be what you need although according to what I see in the link the R12 is designed for coolant. However it's the only male coupler with a 1-3/16" ORFS thread in the Wiggins system

  5. #5nowing752013-11-11 20:02

    Thanks for the input. I'll give them a call .