Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caterpillar 907H inching pedal rheostat?

XSKIER ยท 2021-07-08 20:24

SJM 46 8 I'm having trouble creeping, stopping, and changing direction while running the engine at high idle. Rim Pull rheostat seems to make no difference low or high. Creep rheostat works as expected, however any bit of speed seems to not be scrubbed by the inch pedal. This loads up the brakes and makes direction changes a neck snapper. Is there a troubleshooting flow chart for this? Do I need cat et?

Replies2
  1. #1Nige2021-07-10 13:41

    Not unless you have a Diagnostic Code or Codes to start with. And yes. There doesn't appear to be any way of pulling up Diagnostic Codes without using ET that I can see.

  2. #2XSKIER2021-07-10 13:53

    After looking at it, I decided that if I could push the pedal further without getting into the brake then it might be smoother. I added about 10mm of "delayed braking" and it did what I needed. No more whiplash when running high flow work tools.