Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caterpillar 930 brake system

Phil P ยท 2021-07-15 09:48

Hello All We have a Cat 930 S/N 41K2780 This unit has an air over hydraulic brake system. The air chamber applies a master cylinder when the brake pedal is applied. I need a master cylinder kit. Can anyone here give me a part number. Thanks Phil P

Replies13
  1. #1heymccall2021-07-15 12:15
  2. #2Phil P2021-07-15 20:08

    Thank you This will be a great help. Phil P

  3. #3Nige2021-07-15 23:38

    Have you had a look inside the master cylinder yet.? I'm just thinking you may find the cylinder scored internally that it would chew up new seals quickly. Maybe have a peek to see whether you're in the market for a seal kit or a complete cylinder before you go buying parts.?

  4. #4heymccall2021-07-16 00:55

    Neither the seal kit nor its indirect substitute are available, nor is the replacement numbered master cylinder. Google found the cylinder itself for under $50, w/ the 9K-1591 number.

  5. #5Phil P2021-07-16 05:33

    Thanks to all of you. Niger Yes I will before getting parts. I now have cylinder number and kit number. I prefer getting the cylinder for the very reason you mentioned. Phil P

  6. #6Phil P2022-10-27 15:42

    Hello It has been a while sense I have posted but here, I am again with more brake questions I am having to bleed the brake system however I seem to be unable to get all the air out of the wheel calipers. Is there another breeder screw for the inner portion of the caliper? Phil P

  7. #7DB22022-10-27 19:36

    Two on each caliper from what I remember.

  8. #8heymccall2022-10-27 20:06

    Parts only lists one bleeder (screw) #5, per caliper.

  9. #9DB22022-10-27 20:25

    What is number 6? Both described as screws.

  10. #10heymccall2022-10-27 21:42

    I was wrong. They is both bleeder.

  11. #11DB22022-10-27 23:02

    No disrespect intended @ heymccall ! I spent a lot of time chasing brakes on those early Cat wheel loaders. Was glad when the F series came along.

  12. #12Dave Neubert2022-10-28 10:07

    i take the wagner number off the master cylinder and get them at NAPA

  13. #13Phil P2023-06-17 08:32

    Machine down with coolant in oil. Most all of these problem including hydraulic leaks etc will be addressed while the engine is in the machine shop for overhaul. Phil P