Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caterpillar 950GC

Adam Castaneda ยท 2018-01-29 17:20

Is a 950GC just a more simplified version of a K or M model. Also, my understanding is that it is only tier 3, is that correct? Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1Nige2018-01-30 11:01

    It appears to be an export model. I picked up on this comment in the Specalog - "Engine - C7.1 built on a proven block with a new injection system specifically designed for fuel available in emerging markets." See here ......... http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/content/Caterpillar/C10128842 The emissions level is not stated anywhere but my bet is that it would be no higher than TIER 3 and probably even TIER 2, which means it could not be legally sold in the US. If you have a specfic machine Serial Number post it here. From that it would be possible to find the engine emission level.

  2. #2kshansen2018-01-30 11:45

    Not sure what happened, I thought I had posted the following but this morning I see it was till waiting for me to click "Post Reply"! Just looking at some of the basic spec's for the 950GC compared to the 950M I notice that all the spec's are given for the GC in strictly metric forms where most of the M spec's are in US format. this makes it look like the GC is a machine designed for export application. Here are links to the two machines spec's from Cat: 950GC https://www.cat.com/en_ID/products/new/equipment/wheel-loaders/medium-wheel-loaders/18548328.html 950M https://www.cat.com/en_US/products/new/equipment/wheel-loaders/medium-wheel-loaders/1000029161.html

  3. #3John C.2018-02-02 13:06

    I was talking to a friend in the industry a little while back who mentioned the GC line. Basically at this time it is an export model machine made in and for asian markets. Supposed to be Tier 3 and reduced electronic machine controls. Apparently there is some talk of marketing some form of that machine for the US market in the future as a less expensive option. I've heard other rumors of the government looking at rescinding the current Tier 4 regulations. I won't hold my breath on that though.

  4. #4kshansen2018-02-02 15:06

    Would not surprise me while we are gutting all the regulations that protect people and the environment!