Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caterpillar 962H Engine not starting

fmatemberere · 2020-03-06 05:06

Our CAT 962H serial number 0962HVMAL00105, is not reading Engine ECM and is not starting. It is blowing Engine ECM fuse. Help me please , what could the causes for this please.

Replies3
  1. #1Mobiltech2020-03-06 05:59

    I would start with inspecting the wiring harness from the ecm on the engine up to where it enters the cab. I would think it’s more likely a wiring short rather than an ecm internal fault.

  2. #2fmatemberere2020-03-08 03:06

    Thank you very much, I will check that on Monday. Another issue on this 962H is a hydraulic oil leaks. On the hydraulic control valve there are 2 oil lines going to the Left Hand Lift cylinder. On each of these 2 lines on the blocks which mount them to the control valve there are 2 small oil lines but not sure where the other ends go to. These small lines are leaking but can't find them in the parts book, I need to replace them. The serial number of this machine is 0962HVMAL00105. Please help, I need to replace these 2 small lines.

  3. #3Nige2020-03-08 12:15

    Post a photo of the two small lines you are looking at. They might well be pressure test lines but without seeing what you're seeing it's impossible to say.