Have a cat c10 that the keeper fell off or top of valve broke, Was told to remove the motor, but thinking might be able to remove just the head? Any thoughts?
This is in a mutcher the motor powers the head
Based on where the stem of that valve has broken my thought is that you'll end up removing the engine anyway so why waste time snatching the head first.?
Would have to remove tanks and cage ect, or perhaps leave the pump behind?
Where can I find a service info for this C10? Torque specs, ect?
Serial number on engine would help. Just to amuse, found this.
And this
6V-4876 is run of the mill gray Antisieze.
Thank you Will shortly have the head off, that decently puts me on the right track
5CPXL 10.3 ESK BCX02905 if this helps
Unit injector
Valve lash
Have the head off and the valve battered the piston a bit
Might be a silly question but could that piston be used? Or should I have taken Nige's advice from the beginning
That was a joke, right.?
"Kick tire, light fire, push GO button"
Sorry was just trying to lighten the day. Please forgive me ?
OK I'm in the removing the motor, I know I should of taken Nige's advice from the beginning! as looked a bit deeper and found the cam has a bad grove dug in it and finding strange material with that! Where would be the place to send the head and injectors out to be repaired and tested? one of the injectors tip has been battered by the valve! Will be needing a cam and new piston as well as many gaskets etc. Any advice would be very helpful Thanks Mike
no.2 cylinder needs new valves, dose cylinder 5 show that there might be a issue with the injector?
Have the motor out now and found some interesting material in the oil pan Little washers or broken spring?
An update have decided to get a long block to solve the problem, had tried to get a reman from cat and got a little bit of a run around? will have to use the fuel injectors from this one, my concern is one of the tips of the injector was damaged by the broken valve betting on it, and noticed some of the o rings damaged. imagen will have to replace it? Where can I find a service manual for this C10 BCX02905 to help changing the long block? Thanks Mike
That is no longer an injector! Its a doser! You probably won’t get full core return on your long block with the head damaged and probably not rebuildable.
Do have the fresh long block and a new injector! It's time for transfer all the parts over. Any sigestions or procedures? is more then welcome ? I have started dismantling the old block and seeing there's several gaskets that I will need, found a few that were leaking a bit Off for the Thanks Giving weekend! Hope everyone has a good one!!!
Wow! Daunting project. Good luck!!! I am interested to see this progress.
just to let you know is coming together and will be back in service soon, Thanks for the help and assistants Mike
How did the engine oil pump look?