so the other day a guy i work with went to milton caterpillar to get parts and said he saw a caterpillar chainsaw in the showroom. has anyone seen one yet i cant find then online nothing i hope its true cause i want one.
i want one toooooo!!!! that would be a cool chainsaw!!
Me too!!!!! Frenchy:canada
This is my kind of Cat chain saw!
well that works lol but i mean a chainsaw
I'll buy that! Well, I would if I had any money... or enough... OCR... :lmao
Well Im sure Cat would hook a guy up with a bar-saw head insted of a hotsaw! Anymore, I think chain saws are kinda of an Ahmish thing!!
yeah yeah i know but when your going to cut down one tree are you going to big one of them in. hahaha rethinking that i would
I don't think so. This is a little tree I took down today for my mother-in-law.
bear, Nice job! Its not easy to take down a big split rotten in the middle treel like that.
Thank you tracksfan. I was worried to peices inside untill I got it down. My Mother in law and wife were scared but had to let them know I had the ability to bring it down. I know I can do it but until it's done all that goes through my pointy head are all the things that could go wrong. I joked with my buddy who was spotting for me that when I got it down I would have to go take a victory poo from the stress. On edit, you can't tell from the pics but the two top branches went right between the buildings below, 1 foot short of the mark I had scratched out.
Chainsaws are the only we can fall the old growth we have on the west coast any machine like the one pictured doesnt have the lift capacity for our bigger trees!!!However now that were starting to push trees over by the hundreds to make up for one old growth things are slowly starting to change.Congratulations to the hippies instead of cutting one tree we cut hundreds to make up for it instead.
This tree here was only used for firewood. The saw used was a husky 288 with a 36 inch bar.
Canevari Timber that is one big tree!
I never saw a Cat chainsaw, but I have a Komatsu saw. It's a Zenoah/Komatsu Redmax G5000, one of the best 50cc saws made. Soon to be for sale, too - I have way too many saws and need to thin the herd some. Sorry for the blurry pic, but I wanted to show the Komatsu logo. Bear, what model Husky is that? Nice job on the tree, BTW:drinkup
deisel dave that is my 55 rancher. I bought it a few years ago and have ran the thing some weeks like a pro saw would be ran. I am geting more trees like the one in the pics more often that need cutting and i believe I'm gonna upgrade to a 372xp this fall and keep the 55 handy on the tractor/dozer or wherever it's needed. I also have an 029 Stihl and an old Lombard I only get out if I REALLY want to bug the neighbors. I may be turning that spot into a picnic table if my mother in law really wants to bug me. Those Redmax saws aren't bad a friend had one and it ran for a few years before it died. Of course the easiest way to kill a saw i have found is let someone borrow it.
me and my buddy were talkin about a cat chainsaw
The sad thing is next year small power equipment like chainsaws and weedeaters are going to have to be made with even stricter emissions rules. I'm gonna buy a new saw or three anyway this fall just to be safe. The last set of emissions rules they cam out with caused a bunch of good saws to be redesigned and a bunch of those are now crap. 55 like mine is a good saw now it's the 455 and they are bad for overheating and not starting when hot. Course most of that can be solved by taking the catalytic muffler off...
Your 55 is a good saw, but a 372xp and a 346xp (black gas cap, not the GREEN one) will light up your life. Get 'em before the Global Alliance makes 'em illegal.:Banghead I have 51 and a 257 Husky, 3000 and 4400 Echo, CST610EVL twin cylinder Echo, 2094 Jonsered, and a couple of 029's that are soon to head down the pike along with the Redmax.
Keep us posted if you find one
Sure will. :cool2
Talked to the fellows at the saw shop and have my saws ordered. 372xpg and 372xp The g has the heated handles and is going to be nice in the winter and handy if we get a major ice/snow storm (not really holding my breath on that but...) Got a 28" bar and other crap to go with it. The big bar isn't something I'll use every day but occasionally get a tree that is a little too big for the average 20" bar.
372xp.....have them put a 8 tooth rim on it.....when broke in the chain will run about 58mph .....it's a wicked saw... 20" bar is what i run...have had 1 for 5 years....i have a 394xp with 36" bar for big stuff....:usa
I ever get the money to blos I'm gonna buy a 3120xpw just for a conversation piece. I wouldn't mind having a 394-5 for any really big stuff that comes up but I don't really need that much saw. Would love that much saw but don't need it. Course I could get one and keep a 28 incher on it for kicks. But a 372 will pull a 28 pretty good. I would get one but I also have a welder I'm goin to buy about the same time too.
Heres a pic of my 372 with a 32" bar. It pulls it just fine, after some slight mods! Leaned out a bit, with triple ports in the exhaust, and the base gasket removed. Runs like a stock 395.