Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caterpillar D333 fuel injector questions

spitzair ยท 2013-10-14 16:16

Hello everybody, I'm working on my older 977H and have found a bunch of brand new DISA 7A9891 injectors that a friend gave me a long time ago sitting in my parts shelf. I did a bit of research and it appears that they can be used on a D333C industrial engine... My question is would I be able to use them in a D333 found in a cat 977H? Physically they look identical but I don't know if the inner workings are different... Any ideas and help would be much appreciated! Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1Nige2013-10-14 17:08

    First question - what is the Serial Number of your 977H..? The engine in the loader will carry the same S/N as the tractor. Please send it to me by PM, don't post it here. Once I get the S/N I'll check and see if the 7A-9891 injector will work in your 977H engine arrangement.

  2. #2spitzair2013-10-14 17:44

    Nige, PM sent. I found the number one piston has a nice hole melted into it. Somebody must've ran out of parts and put a whole mishmash of 3 different part number injectors in it...