Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caterpillar D4 D6

_Weldman_ · 2021-04-29 10:21

Got a chance to buy 3 Caterpillars for only $5000 should I bite or should I steer clear. Here is the pictures of them. https://greatfalls.craigslist.org/for/d/choteau-cat-d4-and-cat-d6/7307524186.html https://billings.craigslist.org/hvo/d/caterpillar-6-dozer-bulldozer/7294867495.html

Replies8
  1. #1d9gdon2021-04-29 10:52

    Buy them all, they look like they're in good shape.

  2. #2_Weldman_2021-04-29 11:01

    Let's add up the consensus and make a decision from there. After all scrap metal prices are $140 a ton but doesn't cover the fuel prices to haul them home and in to scrap yard.

  3. #3Old Magnet2021-04-29 11:02

    Looks good to me. Added bonus of #46 Hydraulic Control on the D6 and two valve #44 on the D4. Do they run?

  4. #4_Weldman_2021-04-29 11:04

    According to the ad the D6 with D4 does and the D6 without a blade does. What is the weight of these things, seeing here 16 to 18 tons a piece is that true?

  5. #5skyking12021-04-29 11:09

    No. Newer 6's are 32K, like the 6c. Those old ones are lighter. I am seeing 18K for the ag machine, and maybe 23K for the one with the blade. Very moveable for you! EDIT for sources. http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/002/9/8/2981-caterpillar-d6.html https://www.yesterdaystractors.com/cgi-bin/viewit.cgi?bd=crawlers&th=63016 think of an old 6 like a new 4, only much cooler

  6. #6Old Magnet2021-04-29 11:13

    Bare D6 is about 17,000 lbs. Bare D4 is about 10,000 lbs.

  7. #7_Weldman_2021-05-04 09:18

    Apparently it's a scam listing in some sort of sense as it turns out to be fake on both of them Anyways I found this locally, should I just steer clear? https://www.bismanonline.com/hysham_mt/international_td20b_bulldozers

  8. #8Don Shilling2021-05-04 19:49

    If you have to ask,,,,,, you BETTER stay clear!