Just went through a melt down of the laptop computer I have been using for a few years and lost many things, like all my email addresses so it anyone out there feels I should have their email address send it to me via "private message" or as this new format calls it "Start a conversation". Now one to the title of this post. One thing I lost that I liked having was a PDF version of the Dealer Service Tools catalog. Came in handy when someone wanted to know how to remove those pre-chambers on a 3306 or what do you use to install the front seal in a 3408? I did a google search and it appears there are some out there but I'm not too sure about the safety of downloading from some of those sites. I made that mistake once and that was not fun! So if anyone has a copy or a safe link to one let me know. And Nige if you are reading this could you send me the address to the Cat page where I could put in two different arraignment numbers and it would tell me what had to be removed and added to make the first one the same as the second one?
I think I've seen them on Scribd and I've downloaded many manuals from them.
As far as I know, dealer service tools isn't available as a PDF any more, only on a web site. Saying that, I have a 2011 PDF copy you could have but it's 43Mb so I'm not sure how to get it to you. For compare consists, log in to TMI and it's under the dropdown menu labeled TMI web. https://tmiwebclassic.cat.com/tmi/tmihome/homelink.jsp
Dropbox
I 2nd drop box. I'd even pay to set it up so he could send me all kinds of stuff. Between Cmark and Nige I could get all kinds of useful info! I read that stuff like guys read Playboy....
Thanks, got it!
http://www.numeralkod.com/cross/tool2015.pdf That where I downloaded mine, 1500 pages, works fine.
Thanks, now I have a couple different copies saved in about 3 different locations!
When I was a crane pilot, we had a mechanic, RIP, who been a B47 pilot in another life, literally (good pilot, but, I suspect, lakidasical as an occifer). He read tech manuals and operator's manuals like I, when younger, read Playboy. I sure envied him. Glad to see that there are others with that gift. Neill
Ken, sorry I was out & about yesterday and only just came across this. It would appear as though you are sorted for now but if you need anything else just PM me. I'd second the use of Dropbox for moveing large files around. User A dumps the file in Dropbox, User B goes there with the correct username & password and downloads the file. Easy peasy.
Why does Cat not have a link to this catalogue on Partstore or parts.cat.com? I've searched both sites in the past with no result. If you can find a part no. they are happy enough to quote a price online.
Back when I was just getting started at the quarry one of the dealer mechanics from the local Euclid dealer was talking to my dad, dad was the foreman in the quarry at that time, this mechanic told dad that one of the best things I could do was to take the Detroit Service manual home and read it from cover to cover. So that was what I did. But to be totally honest I would switch off between that and the Playboy at times! Think I learn much more usable info in the Detroit manual!
It's supposed to be for dealer use only. When you get into some of the more exotic dealer tools, mainly the electronic diagnosis stuff, you'll find that Cat refuse to sell it to anyone except dealers. Would you like a copy? PM me your email address.
Dropbox works fine. Thanks again Cmark