Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caterpillar dozer cutting edge and end bits, sprocket and shanks

lee smith · 2013-02-17 03:42

Hi, my dear American friends! I am running business for producing and selling cutting edge, end bits and sprocket for Caterpillar and Komatsu machines. I want to find a partner in America who also is interested in this business. If you are interested, pls contact me by [email protected] I am Lee Smith. Best regards!

Replies48
  1. #1Greg2013-02-17 12:57

    Until you learn how to make acceptable quality keep you cutting edges, end bits and sprockets in china. We expect high quality here, you can't deliver it

  2. #2lee smith2013-02-17 19:08

    if you always think China's products are low quality, then I have to say that this kind of thinking is not right. Right now, we offer OEM for Komatsu, John Deere, KBJ, do you think these brands are all low quality?

  3. #3Greg2013-02-17 21:28

    I don't see Caterpillar on your list of OEM. Does Komatsu and Deere use your parts as OEM here in the US. I know for a fact that Komatsu has pulled a lot of their wear parts manfacture out of china and brought it back to the US because of quality. I have been to china several times over the years and I have seen the quality. It does not match up to what we expect here.

  4. #4mikebramel2013-02-17 22:40

    China has almost 2 billion people. Im sure you saw the product of every one of them

  5. #5lee smith2013-02-17 23:50

    I am sure, there are a lot of my products in America being used now. Up to now, no complaint. I am very confident with my quality. Where have you been to in China in these years? Could you tell me the city. Well, I can only explain this way: there are more than 1.3 billion people in China, and there are so many factories. Some factory bad quality, so factory good quality. You need to find the right factory to cooperate. But it is hard.

  6. #6JGS Parts2013-02-18 01:16

    dont worrie lee , we all know china dose not make anything good that is why CAT just brought another factory here and invest a few billion more in china but hey it must all be crap just ask greg he is a real expert on china he has been here a few times before lol . yeah and lee i guess you might not know but you are not allowed to SPAM your products on here i am sure if you stay and talk about other things you will be welcomed and happy new year by the way. P.S (i am based in qingzhou)

  7. #7lee smith2013-02-18 01:26

    Hey, JGS, if you are talking about the loader factory in Qingzhou( purchased by CAT 2 years ago), I admit their quality is not very good. I have been to the exhibit of CAT in Bauma and Intermat. And when I see the orginal parts they exhibit on the show, I really not like the outside apperance of their cutting edge and end bits. It seems CAT use casting parts, but we use forging parts. I don't think the so called"DH2" material is so good quality like they boast. If you think Chinese products are rubbish. It is ok. I will not argue with you. But I am sure one day, you will admit that some Chinese products are not bad quality as you thought. Happy New Year!

  8. #8JGS Parts2013-02-18 01:29

    lee i was not saying that at all. I was being sarcastic (讽刺)

  9. #9lee smith2013-02-18 01:34

    are you from Australia or America? I looked through your website, and found that you are also producing loaders. To be honest, your website is not so good. In some way, customers will grade your products by your website.

  10. #10JGS Parts2013-02-18 01:51

    ok Lee i give up let you go at it alone LOL

  11. #11lee smith2013-02-18 01:53

    Thanks, buddy! Happy New Year!

  12. #12JGS Parts2013-02-18 02:07

    lee you worried me if you could not understand my meaning in the first post what chance has your customers got in getting the right things from you i think you need to learn more english before trying to deal with the US market or any english speaking market.

  13. #13lee smith2013-02-18 02:17

    I know what you mean. I am sorry to not make it clear to you. You were talking for me to Greg, thank you! I don't need to be an English master to promote my products in US market. I only talk about Products, quality, price with them. I think this is enough.

  14. #14lee smith2013-02-18 02:33

    Dear JGS, I am sorry, may be you misunderstood me either. I did not mean to be offensive when I commented your website. I can not tell the quality of your products by your website. I was just talking about the common way of thinking of common people. People will be always judged by their apperance, and usaully, it is not right. Really did not mean to offend you. If I hurt your feeling, I say sorry for that.

  15. #15ih1002013-02-18 05:17

    I think I like this boy.

  16. #16JGS Parts2013-02-18 05:47

    what is that supposed to mean IH100?

  17. #17CM19952013-02-18 07:06

    Welcome to the Forums Lee Smith. Take a moment to familiarize yourself with the Forum Rules - HeavyEquipmentForums Specifically this section - This thread and THIS thread ONLY is your "Freebie". Thanks in advance.

  18. #18oldirt2013-02-18 07:30

    ok this gave me a great laugh today, you can't make this stuff up.

  19. #19Oxbow2013-02-18 07:39

    In all the years of changing cutting edges I recall having broken only two Cat DH2 edges, one on a 160H and one on a 631. Both were replaced free of charge by Cat. There may be other edges that are as good or better, but in my experience Cat has stood behind their edges very well.

  20. #20lee smith2013-02-18 07:53

    Sorry, sir, didn't read this when register in. Should I delete it or leave it there? Well, I am interested in what is my responsibility if I become a sponser? Thanks in advance.

  21. #21lee smith2013-02-18 08:02

    Could you tell me how many years? I am intersted in DH2 edges.

  22. #22ih1002013-02-18 16:43

    It means I'm amused that instead of disappearing into the ether, this lad from the Orient has had the temerity to bite back.

  23. #23Cat_man3202013-02-18 22:21

    Hi Lee, I own 4 excavators and work in hard ground . I have Cat machines . 345, 330 320 315. I have many companies offer me free samples of bucket teeth for my 320 and 315. Some are from China , Spain and Brazil. I put on one or two teeth with Cat originals and compare their wear. Most times the non original teeth wear out a lot faster than the Cat originals . But the price is cheaper . If you have a good product at a great price , I might be interested in buying 25 teeth or so in an order . If your interested , send me a few samples to compare and maybe we can do business. Give me a price per unit and i will think about it .

  24. #24JGS Parts2013-02-18 22:22

    yeah but look who he had a go at me? i was actually defending him typical if you ask me LOL

  25. #25ih1002013-02-19 02:36

    Remember he's Chinese, they read back to front.

  26. #26oldirt2013-02-19 07:25

    this is really funny..

  27. #27QuickTrax2013-02-19 11:58

    Please show some respect when commenting on someones post.

  28. #28lee smith2013-02-19 19:15

    Hi, Cat-man, well, I am sorry, we don't do retailing. We are factory. We always ship by container. But if you are interested, you can be our dealer in the US. I think it is good business.

  29. #29JGS Parts2013-02-19 21:15

    Sorry to tell you this ih100 the chinese read the same way we do mate, i think its the Japs that read the books from back to front.

  30. #30lee smith2013-02-19 21:20

    Bingo! but I think it is not a matter of reading from back to front or from front to back. It is just how the book is edited. In old China, we edit passage from left to right, so they read from left to right. But not any more today. But Japnese I think still fowllow that tradition.

  31. #31qball2013-02-19 22:23

    good grief, i have been thrown off this forum for less.

  32. #32lee smith2013-02-19 22:31

    why do you say so?

  33. #33lee smith2013-02-20 00:40

    Totally agree!

  34. #34DBarnett2013-02-20 01:37

    quite amusing, glad I joined this forum!

  35. #35lee smith2013-02-20 01:39

    welcome! finally, I find one who is as fresh as me in this forum. What business do you do?

  36. #36DBarnett2013-02-20 02:04

    I sell hens teeth to chicken farmers

  37. #37lee smith2013-02-20 02:08

    like this?

  38. #38DBarnett2013-02-20 02:18

    Good comeback! I actually work in the Iron Ore business in Australia, so there is a good chance that there is a bit of australia in the products you sell, so keep selling them!

  39. #39WTM2013-02-20 02:48

    Hey DB, are those yours? Nice choppers M8. Btw, Capital A in Australia tyvm

  40. #40lee smith2013-02-20 04:22

    Good business, do you have more Cat machine or more Komatsu machine?

  41. #41ih1002013-02-20 07:51

    Perhaps it's me that's doing it wrong. I like to read the end of the book first.

  42. #42ih1002013-02-20 07:54

    So it's the Aussies' fault my new screwdriver has got a tip made of licqorice?

  43. #43Cat_man3202013-02-20 21:20

    well tell me how many teeth per container and price per tooth . I might be able to set you up with a dealership i know . i am in Eastern Canada

  44. #44lee smith2013-02-21 07:12

    pls send me your inquiry to [email protected] , I will talk with you by email in detail. best regards!

  45. #45kevin37b2013-02-28 16:24

    You guy's ought to be ashamed of yourselves .

  46. #46JGS Parts2013-02-28 17:13

    why ? whats wrong with this discussion?

  47. #47lee smith2013-02-28 19:23

    what do you mean by saying this?

  48. #48ih1002013-03-01 09:59

    Oh, we are. Won't stop us though.