https://local12.com/news/nation-wor...safety-foundry-machinery-construction-lawsuit RIP. Apparently there was a lack of railings and/or restraint system where the worker fell.
Should have been $145m.
Word on the street, he didn’t connect his fall protection to the restraint rail. Horrible tragedy, nonetheless. I recall reading about it on another forum back in June.
What a horrible way to die. I hope the family of the victim gets well compensated in a civil lawsuit for Caterpillar's disregard for the man's safety. He had been on the job only nine days. According to OSHA there were no hand rails in place. https://www.osha.gov/news/newsreleases/region5/11092022-0
Did any of you get an ad for a pizza oven at that website link above? Now that's just wrong.
Didn't hook up after thoroughly trained and provided a proper harness & attachment point ? Or attachment point and handrail missing ? I have worked on both situations, the second scenario.... "You can lead a horse to water" problem.
PPE should be the absolute, bottom, last line of defence against a hazard. If a company's only solution to stop you getting killed is PPE, then someone should be in jail, frankly. All that said, we don't know the circumstances of this incident.