Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caterpillar hydraulic fan motor

dmaxpower ยท 2009-10-13 21:55

Does anyone know where I can get a hydraulic motor for the fan on a 2003 262 skid steer? Cat (Canada) wants almost $1000 for it. Any help would be appreciated.

Replies6
  1. #1ellisonexc@aol.2016-03-10 21:47

    Hey I am also looking for a fan motor did you have any luck finding on also what happen to yours ? mine when ran for 30 mins and gets hot dumps all the hyd fluid out

  2. #2Tones2016-03-11 01:04

    Why not rebuild then? There's plenty of parts available even in this corner of the world

  3. #3kshansen2016-03-11 11:41

    A S/N would help a lot. The one I checked on was only $440.00

  4. #4DB22016-03-12 12:29

    External leakage could be as simple as a shaft seal...

  5. #5kshansen2016-03-13 10:12

    If given a S/N I, or someone, might be able to supply a kit number. I know the couple I did look at do list seal kits.

  6. #6caterpillarmech2016-03-18 06:15

    Seal kits are cheap and easy to install. I would tear it down and inspect everything . Alot of times I took the motor and seal kit to the site. Usually the shaft was worn where the lip seal rides so I'd chuck a new one on.