My E70B service manual says remove the plate (on top of the tank), then the spring, then the strainer. The strainer is on the bottom end of a 1/2 inch or so shaft with a large hex nut on top. I first tried to pulled it all out, then put a socket on the huge hex, but the hex just threads to the shaft. I see a nut at the bottom of the shaft, just on top of the strainer. Do I turn this nut to remove the strainer? If so.........is it spring loaded? Or do I just need to pull it straight out. The shaft and strainer assembly kinda wobbles around, like it just needs to pull out. The manual shows the large hex nut, the shaft, and the strainer coming out as an assembly. Please help. hugs, Brandi
There is an o-ring seal between the underside of the strainer and the bottom of the hydraulic tank which is probably stuck fast. After removing the cover on the top of the tank put a socket on the large hex on the top of the shaft and first try to tighten it . That should break the o-ring loose underneath the strainer. Once the o-ring is loose the complete shaft and strainer can be removed as an assembly by simply lifting it out of the tank. Check the o-ring carefully, it will most likely be damaged by the removal process if it was stuck into the base of the tank like it sounds from your description. To remove the strainer from the shaft put the shaft in a vice to stop it from turning then get a wrench on to the hex on the top of the strainer, it unscrews straight off the shaft. It is not spring-loaded.
After I posted above, I checked the parts manual. It shows an oring on bottom of the strainer. Since it was loose enough to wobble and had an oring on the bottom.............I went back out and crawled up on the fuel tank and moved it around the clock, then tugged as hard as I could and it popped out. It was just o-ring suction holding it. Thanks anyway guys! hugs, Brtandi
Thanks Nige! I didn't see your post until I posted #3 post. Thanks! hugs, Brandi
Wow, was that strainer clogged. It was about 60 percent covered in a rubber like material. I gather it was from the bad hoses I changed. I'm gonna take samples in a few hours of everything, just to be sure. Boy, does she swing faster now! My friend's dog kept me company last night while I changed the hyd. oil and cleaned the strainer. If you have seen my posts on TBN, you know I had to put down my tractor dog of 13 years. So this guy scores high with me! hugs, Brandi
Wow, was that strainer clogged. It was about 60 percent covered in a rubber like material. I gather it was from the bad hoses I changed. I'm gonna take samples in a few hours of everything, just to be sure. Boy, does she swing faster now! My friend's dog kept me company last night while I changed the hyd. oil and cleaned the strainer. View attachment 144375 He laid on the track most of the time. If you have seen my posts on TBN, you know I had to put down my tractor dog of 13 years. So this guy scores high with me! hugs, Brandi