Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caterpillar Joystick Seals

03hdrk ยท 2018-04-19 01:21

Just wanted to post this in case someone like me searched and could not find any more info than I did. Been working on a Caterpillar 236 B 3 skidsteer. Joysticks leaking from plungers on 7 of the 8. Cat either wanted me to buy 8 plunger kits for $125.00 or 2 new valve assemblies for $1000 each. Only 1200 hours on machine, but as I say a lot - many times age get rubber before wear does. After hours of research, and finding nothing that I could use, I ended up going to a hydraulic shop who is having the seals made for approx. $25 each. American Hydraulics in Fort Worth. Hope this helps someone in the future.

Replies7
  1. #1DoyleX2018-04-24 08:05

    Ive used the seals for a 3aw 315 excavator. Fit right in and worked great.

  2. #203hdrk2018-04-25 01:10

    Are they the exact same cup seals, and can you get a part number? I think I will see this again soon on a different machine.

  3. #3kshansen2018-04-25 09:10

    Hope it's OK to butt in here with possibly some information. If the seals being talked about are around the four plungers #16 in the picture below they should be the #18 cup type seal in the close-up. I have marked that seal in red, might be hard to see in the image. That seal #18 is part number 094-0876 and goes for a big price of $4.37 each. At that price I would buy a bag of them after comparing to one of the old ones you took out!

  4. #403hdrk2018-04-25 22:24

    Man, if you the time I spent getting those as mentioned this thread. I paid about $18 each. Thanks for the info!!!

  5. #5kshansen2018-04-26 07:36

    Just to be clear the picture and part number I posted are for the 3aw 315 excavator, that DoyleX suggested looking at.

  6. #603hdrk2018-04-26 22:53

    I am going to pick up some other parts tomorrow. I will buy one just to see if it is the same as the one I have.

  7. #7DoyleX2018-04-27 17:39

    they looka little differnt but fit the same