Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caterpillar pedal tractor

BIG D ยท 2010-01-27 12:14

Hi to all Back around 1950 Cat had a toy pedal tractor it also came with a small gasoline engine and a version that was battery powered I am interested in finding out more about these toys . They were featured in toy farmer magazine several yrs ago These were a actual track machine and sold outside of Cat dealers. thanks The BIG D

Replies12
  1. #1Steve Frazier2010-01-27 12:27

    My Cat dealer has a battery powered one on display in their lobby. I don't know when I'll be there next, but I'll try to get a pic.. Anything in particular you want to know?

  2. #2alan627b2010-01-27 16:44

    http://www.barrett-jackson.com/appl...on/lotdetails.aspx?ln=5450&aid=304&it=3&pop=1 http://www.pottersfarmtoys.com/restorations.htm http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/6191686 http://www.geneseo.edu/~harke/2009 Auction.htm http://www.toytractortimes.com/tttsubscribe/octdoug.htm http://blog.modernmechanix.com/2007/07/24/child-size-bulldozer-looks-and-works-like-the-real-thing/ Hard to come up with any other information on them via the web. I found these by doing a couple of G00gle searches. Not sure who made them. I used Caterpillar D4 Pedal tractor as my criteria, did both a web and image search on G00gle. Hope this helps. Alan627b

  3. #3alan627b2010-04-21 22:17

    http://www.toytractortimes.com/tttsubscribe/octdoug.htm

  4. #4mark g2016-10-12 20:44

    whats the name of the cat dealer that has the electric powered one? i have the same one and need pictures on how the motor mounts under the seat

  5. #5old-iron-habit2016-10-12 21:44

    Beware of sending your money for the Cat toys. Real ones are super scarce and valuable. There have been a few that turned out to be fakes that sold for big money in the last few years. Caterpillar fake dealer signs are also turning up lately. There is one on e-bay now being offered as a original.

  6. #6Steve Frazier2016-10-12 22:31

    H.O. Penn on Noxon Rd, Poughkeepsie NY. I guess I never got those pics!

  7. #7mark g2016-10-13 01:00

    It was a friends when he was a kid! He gave it to me . I know it's the real deal. But yeah your right there is a guy in CA remaking the pedal model complete in primer 1200.00$

  8. #8mark g2016-10-13 01:03

    Thanks. I will just call them

  9. #9old-iron-habit2016-10-14 08:19

    There is a worn set of steel tracks on e-bay right now for a Cat pedal toy. They are worn and appear to be original. Setting at around $20.00 with auction almost ready to close.

  10. #10mark g2016-10-21 21:00

    I called them and got no where. Would you be willing to help me out with pictures of under the seat so I can see how the motor is held in place?

  11. #11Steve Frazier2016-10-23 04:06

    I'll see what I can do this week.

  12. #12mark g2016-10-23 04:21

    Thanks