I have a question about the Caterpillar performance handbooks, how far back in time do the latest editions go? For example, will the newest edition give any info on say the B series excavators? Thanks!
It gives only basic info on former models. They still give info on the 2xx hoes. The best thing to do is figure about when the machine was made and look on ebay for a book from that era.
The only thing the new edition will give is the basic info, like years produced, weight, and horsepower. Sometimes an added bit of info, but not much. This can be found in the "former models" section. You would need to search out an edition that was out when the machine in question was current. B series does not tell much, as it differs in year depending on the size. If you clue us in on what machine you are after, I, or someone else here, may be able to tell you the edition you need to get the best information from.
Hey Jerry, Is it still plagiarism if you say the same thing in more words?:falldownlaugh
Thanks everyone! I'm not looking for any info on any particular machine, I'm thinking about buying a handbook and was curious as to what all machines the latest issue cover
You're killing me Mitch.
Mitch Great comeback. I had that thread open for a while before posting, then went to bed. You must have posted before me, but I did not refresh the page, so I never seen it. I did get quite a laugh out of it. In the meantime, we still do not know what issue to look in to answer D-9H's question.