greeting I am getting confused about the difference in parts range price at the Caterpillar dealership. Does anybody have any info about the price of Caterpillar spare parts and where I can find a better price if I work as a reseller in this sector?
I think it would depend a lot on how much volume of parts you were planning on selling. Will you sell only OEM Cat parts or aftermarket as well? Your inquiry is a little too vague.
yes, only the original parts. I am looking for offers lower than the cat dealer price with a fair margin for trading parts. Otherwise, I should monitor the surplus items to find a good deal. I believe there should be some wholesaler or distributor that has access to variant stocks, otherwise, it is not affordable to provide the requirements from a dealership for a reseller.
I think you'd need to go through Cat to become a parts distributor. Not a Cat dealer but Cat corporate. I would imagine Cat has a limit on parts distributors for specific regions.
This especially true regarding countries that are sanctioned. It's not uncommon for repair parts to be sold in one country but then end up in another country that's under sanction through various smuggling channels. I'm assuming emission and computerized engine controls are of similar concern for OEMs. All industries have their black and grey markets. Some are for legal reasons and some are for business reasons but overall it's fairly interesting to watch the cat and mouse game between OEMs, dealers, and users.