Hi, seeking Caterpillar Tier status for the following serial numbers. I've also included the Performance Specs from the nameplates. Appreciate the help. I understand that access is limited to the CAT database. Generator Engine Model Engine Serial Number Perf Spec Tier Rating 1 3516B 6HN01003 2T8461 2 3516 SBJ00339 0K6996
Just a generic google show the 3516C to be tier II.
Thanks!
I think you have to go from the build date to the regulations in force for generators at that time. I don't have the charts anymore but I think genesis lagged behind truck and equipment engines by a couple of years. The tags and build records for some reason won't tell you. What I'm finding lately on engine tags is "this engine conforms to US EPA regulations for year XXXX and California regulations for XXXX". Good Luck
Thanks John. I have a pretty good handle on the regs and impact on generator mfr dates. I usually get hung up on mfr date if it's not stated, but buried in the serial number.
No info on 6HN1003. The serial number doesn't tally with the test spec you quoted. This is for SBJ339.
6HN01003 with a build date of 2000 is at highest EPA TIER II. It could even be TIER I.