Hey hef having trouble assembling swivel/rotorary manifold 156-0622. It presses normal on high pressure seals but keep ripping 3 orings at bottom 095- 1633 o rings. they use this group in 350l all the way to 385c orings never change part number. Orings seem to fat very hard to work into groves. I'm greasing both sides before assembling. With white assembly lube. Service manual doesn't show and special tools or procedure. Open to all ideas I've done some tough ones before but this seems inpossible thanks.
This is a 375l 1jm362 I'm working on
I've done a couple of these and don't recall having any problems. Maybe check you've been given the correct O rings. They should be 0.22" cross-section, 5.5" ID.
I use a toaster oven to warm everything up
Orings measure out right. the groves in outer housing are same size as high pressure groves. Seems the groves should be wider for o rings than high pressure seals the groves are only .20 and seals are .22...
Don't use grease. Use hydraulic oil and coat both the seals, stem and barrel before assembly. I also use one of those band type piston ring compressors to reform the rings back to normal size before inserting the spool back into the barrel.
the seals sit in housing not rotor on this style we measured groves and o rings and I think we are going to get dash size 357s o rings same Id just .21 on cross had another orings with .21 cross and seems like the right fit. 6v5054 is what we are going to pickup tomorrow they are viton and are alot more flexible.
O-rings can’t be wider then the groove! Google “static and dynamic sealing” you can find the charts with groove dimensions and corresponding sizes of o-rings.
I may have found the answer. 7Y4825 is an earlier version of the 1560622 swivel group. 7Y4825 uses eight of the 1560619 seals, whereas 1560622 uses five 1560619 and three 0951633. I suspect you have a 7Y4825 swivel.
My SIS access does not give me access to Service Magazines but it appears that there may be two that could have some information on this swivel group they are numbered: SMAU0299 and SMNV0199 Anyone have access to those numbers?
Thanks for all the help everyone looks like it should have all high pressure seals would be interesting to see what service mag says
The November Service Mag supercedes the August one, so both appear to be the same articlce when you view the text online. Attached below is the Nov version.