Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caterpillar th414c, not lifting or lowering when cold.

Apk3180 · 2024-11-08 19:52

I, get this warning triangle in dashboard when cold and sometimes I can boom out/inn and tilt up and down but never lower or raise boom. After about 1hour + of run time it seems to be okay, but if there is sharp bump on the boom it sometimes brings up this error. Is there some sensor I could change out that is a known to go bad in these types of machine? All fluids have been flushed and changed with filters. Changed joystick (did not solve it), and battery have been checked and is Ok.

Replies4
  1. #1Apk31802024-11-09 15:30
  2. #292U 34062024-11-09 15:59

    You've got an active fault whenever that comes on. You're going to have to get whatever fault code it is and then you'll have a direction to go with troubleshooting.

  3. #3Nige2024-11-09 16:55

    How about a Serial Number to look up technical info.? What are you using for hydraulic oil.?

  4. #4Deimos2024-11-14 10:08

    You need to know what fault codes are in the asset. Use the instructions to scroll through the codes and take a photo of them.