I don't have the model number yet Waiting on that but it's a generic question about Caterpillar parts. It appears as though the end of the ram shaft is snapped off. Nothing there to slide the pin through. Can you buy just the shaft to repair it or does Caterpillar make you buy the whole ram?
Upon closer inspection of the picture provided, not one, but both of these ends are snapped off. I have no idea how they managed that unless they couldn't get the pins out and cut them off
I don't think anyone could answer that question with any certainty without a full 8 character serial number or the p/n off the damaged cylinder. If both ends are damaged I'll take a guess and say you're better off replacing the whole Cylinder Group. You can weld them back on... depends on your budget/skills, and extent of damage.
Not seeing much broken in the pic the rod eye is wore out they do not come with bushings from factory it needs to be bored and bushed or replaced As a general idea Cat will usually break there cylinders into individual parts so you buy a rod and a seal kit but buying a reman cylinder or sending yours into the hyd shop may be a better idea
I don't see anything "snapped off" in that photo. Care to enlighten us exactly what broke with photos.?
Sorry. That's a picture of what it should look like. I'll go back to the ad and see if I can save the picture. I didn't realize they were broken/cut off flush until I looked at it with my sons ipad that allowed me to expand the picture
never mind. Just looked at it 3 hrs ago and it's already gone.
I ran a rod for a 252b and it came up discontinued and the substitute was the whole $1100 cylinder.
You can clean up the rod and weld the eye back on.