Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Caterpillar vintage decals

D6r · 2013-11-10 15:35

Does anywone know the correct yellow colour code for Caterpillar 1971 and also somewhere where i can buy vintage cat decals cheep on the web?

Replies2
  1. #1tctractors2013-11-10 16:08

    D6R, I am having a nightmare sorting this little problem myself, I bought the CAT Decal set from Finning (Cannock) for 1 of my toys (951B) at some cost mind they aint' cheap, only to find the kit was full of CAT Logo's and would not look out of place on a 777, they were masive things that looked nothing like the pucker deal,anyhow I was put onto a chap that sort-of managed to sort me with as close to what I was after plus saving around £120, the next trouble is finding the correct location for them, to find a picture of a shovel with the correct script on is hard going, on the colour thing CAT supply to old stuff and the new stuff, I painted my shovel with the new stuff as its cheap and I prefer it to the old shade as it looks Old???

  2. #2AllDodge2013-11-10 17:01

    Don't know if there could be issues or not, but what about having them made using a vinyl printer. If you can supply what it looks like and the size you want, the printers can make about anything. Only issue would be the vinyl lettering and image you be more then one layer. Just a thought