Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAV/DPA TOP COVER LEAK REPAIR PART#’s

thepumpguysc ยท 2011-11-28 21:48

I dont feel comfy, telling ANY BODY how to do the proccess..BUT if you look for about 5 minutes..I"M SURE you can find some GOOD hints[instructions} The part #'s are as follows.. PUMP KIT> 7135-110[APROX. 20.00] INDIVIDUAL GASKETS AND ORINGS TO FIX TOP COVER LEAK> 7180-451>TOP COVER GASKET[1] 7185-950>ORINGS[4] THROTTLE/SH-OFF, 2 EACH 5339-970>[2]TOP NUT HOLD DOWN GSKTS[FIBER WASHERS] I HOPE YOU GUYS APPRECIATE THIS INFO AND SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL FUEL INJECTION SHOPS.. ALL the P#'s are "LUCAS/DELPHI" and ANY pump shop will have them instock.. BEST REGUARDS..TPG

Replies6
  1. #1mitch5042011-11-28 22:10

    I was about to do one, got the parts from Superior Diesel in N. Charleston, forgot the washers for under the nuts. You saved me a hassle, thanks.

  2. #2thepumpguysc2011-11-28 22:22

    musta talked to scott?? should have talked to donna,in the pump shop.lol.. Good people down there..alittle "pricey" on the labor rate tho..

  3. #3alrman2011-11-29 06:28

    Now your making me laugh thepumpguysc Good to see you open up a little. Keep giving info away like this - & you'll miss out on your invitation to the next Lucas Delphi Convention or membership to the Association of Diesel Fuel Injection Specialists .......

  4. #4bowen2011-11-29 06:52

    I ordered this kit off e-bay for ~$25 including frt. Supposed to be here tomorrow. http://www.ebay.com/itm/DPA-diesel-...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item4cf7a53b3d However they never mention the part number and I just HOPE it's the 7135-110. :beatsme I so agree that I should NOT be rebuilding the pump, but I "hope" I CAN replace some of the exterior o-rings, plus the gaskets on the cover. I bet this kit will NOT come with all the 76 items identified.:Banghead If I ever have to take the pump off I will find the pumpguy and ship it to hin in SC!:notworthy

  5. #5bowen2011-12-02 06:28

    Update: I got the kit and it IS # 7135-110. God, what a pile of itty-bitty strange looking parts, NONE identified. My trouble now is that I need maybe a dozen of these parts and have no idea what each one is. I will be unscrewing stuff with fuel running everywhere, with a set of magnifying glasses, and micrometer trying to sort thru 80 items looking for the correct o-ring. All you pump guys.. go ahead and laugh.

  6. #6thepumpguysc2011-12-02 06:44

    HEY NOW..noboys laughing..its realy not as hard as it sounds.. And as my grandpappy used to say, "you dont know until you know" another favorite is..."sometime you just gotta touch the stove to learn" and my personal favorite>>> "AND THATS WHY I GET PAYED THE BIG BUCKS" give me a shout if you run into trouble...TPG