Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

cedar rapids 544

jook24 ยท 2024-11-29 07:24

anyone have info on these crushers jaw twin rolls im assuming rolls is the big thing be for my own use up to 3 thousand yds a year 8in. and smaller softer stone

Replies4
  1. #1cuttin edge2024-11-30 13:35

    We had one. Was not around it much. I remember it had a machine for building up the rolls with weld instead of welding by hand. It was sold with the crusher. If you can find one, I'm told it's a time saver.

  2. #2jook242024-11-30 16:34

    Yes this one has one

  3. #3cuttin edge2024-12-01 17:15

    I think it was a good crusher. They opened a quarry, and needed to upgrade. We still have round rock pits, and some of the guys figure we should have kept it for that. The newer spread costs over $7000 and takes a couple days, every time you tear down to move. The old 544 was up and crushing in an hour.

  4. #4jook242025-02-16 11:41

    95% of my rock is 6in. and smaller what would be best for for jaw setting for 3/4 rock.