So I just got a new phone. I use my phone for calling, texting, occasionally checking emails (compose and send email from my PC). Google maps/ satellite for looking at jobs. Google chrome for looking up parts. Google sheets for scheduling. Take lots of photo's of both jobs and equipment while I'm disassembling and reassembling, and transfer them to my PC. I have a lot of past years photos, and find myself looking at past photos for repeat jobs years later- all on my pc- I use the big screen of my pc for all that. I don't like big screen phones, I like a very small phone in a pouch on my belt. I don't watch movies on my phone, and don't use voice commands at all, I've usually got too much background noise. So my last few phones have been android/ google based. My last samsung I really liked, but they don't offer it any more, and the newer samsung ones are all bigger. I got a iphone. They make one called a "SE" that's small like my old samsung, almost exactly the same size. SO I figured I see what all the fuss is about with the apple stuff, and ordered it. I'm about 2 weeks into it, and I hate it. Its a pain to transfer photos. I was so used to my old samsung/android and USB to the PC and they all zip right in. Iphone has to go to icloud, then to a zip file, then I fumble around trying to find them to transfer to PC storage. Its a huge pain. Its like they want to make it complicated and difficult to transfer. It looks like its way easier if you are all ios, but I'm not and all my old stuff is PC, and I don't see myself getting rid of that. I got all my google stuff (sheets, gmail, maps) all working right. But I just find the sending around of photos by email or for storing to be such a pain with the apple. So am I missing the "great" part of the apple experience? I should bite the bullet and pitch a $400 phone, and just go back to android? Who's running what and what should I have bought instead?
iPhone and Mac here and it is seamless on file transfers via the cloud including photos. I can take a pic on my iPhone and it will show up on my Mac within a minute. Can also text from my Mac to other iPhone users. Used to be a PC only guy then bought a Mac in 2009 and never looked back. The learning curve from PC to Mac wasn't too difficult but it was a little frustrating trying to find things on a Mac compared to PC. Now I run MS Office for Mac for Excel and Outlook for email. Via iCloud I can pull up my Excel spreadsheets on my iPad and iPhone in the field to check numbers and whatnot however the sheets can't be edited and I'm fine with that. I know it sounds like an apple commercial but it just works good for our operation.
I would`nt carry an apple out of the store if it were free. androids are becoming worse to
I have never gotten along with Apple products personally but to each their own. There are a lot of mixed reviews online but I have been very satisfied with my Cat S61 phone. It is an android/Google based phone and have no complaints with it at all
I have had iphones for quite a few years. Your photos do not have to go to the cloud to be able to transfer them. I simply plug the iphone usb cable into my pc and open the iphone folders and copy and paste all or individual photos to a folder on my desktop. Quite often I simply select a or multiple photos in my phone and email them or text them to myself. If I email them they go to three computers I use at the same time.
I have a 15 year old flip phone, charge it every two weeks. All I Need and I manage a lot of equipment.
I'm going to have to work on that. I've got a usb cable, and have tried to download that way, but I haven't figured out how to make it work like the android one does with "photos". It didn't want to transfer direct. The way I've been doing it is icloud to a zip file in a folder, to my photo albums, that I separate by month and year. I'm great from phone to cloud, that's automatic. Where I have issues is from my created zip file to folder storing, with how I organize/ label them on my PC. I store photos by month and year, if I can find a bill from a customer from a job 7 years ago in quickbooks, I can then find the pictures of the job much easier if I have a month and year range to go looking for it. I'm going to have to cipher a little harder on this mess. It just seems like they make it more difficult than it needs to be to integrate back and forth.
I have a old iphone 5S and transfer photos exactly the same way, either hard-wired via the cable or simply email them to myself if the computer's not within reach.
I washed my last flip phone it dryed out but i was afraid and got a new one its bigger and the battery will not last 2 days the old one could make it for weeks. The new one some how is set up to just work for one year. Every one says to get a big screen but then i will destroy it if i have it on me all the time.
Years back I swore by apple. Iphone MacBook etc... All linked seemlessly Maybe four or five years back as I kept breaking the iphone I went to android and one of the many tough phones out there. Way better battery life, similar apps, tougher hardware, and most importantly, they work with the rest of the world. I can now open and send pdf documents from my phone. Photos are linked to my Panasonic windows laptop. It all just works. 10 years back apple were ahead of the game, no question there. But they sure didn't keep pushing forward, arguably they have fallen back.
I'll argue it. Apple is still ahead of the game IMO. Been receiving, saving, opening and sending PDF's, spreadsheets, etc with my iPhone for years. The best thing I enjoy about Apple is not having to worry about virus and malware like a PC. Of course there are security updates and such you have to do but that's with any computer. I can play a youtube video on our big screen TV with Apple TV from my laptop by just hitting an icon which is really cool for SoCalEarthmovers new hi-res scraper videos. Now I do run MS Office for Mac as Apple's version of Excel and Word suck.
Still running my flip phone.
Apple maps is lousy, and you can't share accurate locations between apple and android. I'm not a apple fan. The products are for people watching videos and living on (anti)social media. I have a 5 year old motorola (chinese owned). I'd upgrade, but the new ones are way to big. I keep it in a pouch on my belt and roll around on the floor with it and do other things that would crush a larger phone. Plus, I don't have to worry about having to take it out of my pocket ever time I set, or leaving it in a machine when I just get out to take a leak.
I have a Kyocera Android that's about 6 years old, you can run a a key across the screen or a coin and not scratch it, swam mile back to shore across Strait of Juan with it in my pocket and has been dropped, got welding splatter on it along with diesel/oil and tossed a few times at people and such, still running. When it finally dies I'm disconnecting from cell phones and going to HAM radio. No one calls me or texts me besides the wife and that is is if she is in town, I am retired so I don't go anywhere and I got a laptop with hotspot for internet. If I need to call in town I will just borrow the wife's old Apple 5S. Don't like being tracked of where I go and data collected of places I have been to be sold to third parties for whatever reason, you think airplane mode or turning your cell phone off really works you are in for rude awakening. Pull the battery, stick it in a Faraday cage or find a old microwave to put it in.
I do a little more than watch videos like run a company on my Mac. Also don't have a FB, Twitter or any other social media accounts. Agree that Apple maps suck. The Devil G has the best maps and sat images.
Try GAIA maps and enjoy exploring.
I'd give just about anything to have direct connect back with Nextel. That was a good service with resilient Motorola hardware. When Nextel pulled the plug, i signed on with Sprint and the android operating system. I, like many of you, was worried about a 4x6 piece of glass in my pocket. I've had more water damage than broken screens. I started with an HTC Evo back in the beginning, now just Samsung. Currently running an S8+. It does nearly anything i need it to. I use it for everything. Now that Tmobile took over Sprint, my cell and data service sucks. Hoping it gets better. The company supplies me an iphone. It sits on the dash as a wifi hotspot. I don't find it as natural or intuitive as others swear they are. He!! , half the time it's a poor hotspot. That's about all the use i have for it. My wife let my daughter con her into getting an iphone. That was 2 years ago, and she's still angry with it. I would like to see what Nextel's new iteration shakes out as.
Nextels push to talk in the day was a game changer especially when you were paying nickels and quarters for phone calls I have Samsung s8 for the last 4 years been the best phone I have ever had not sure what I will do when it breaks tried an I phone once was not sold have a few customers that swear by them and all I think the learning curve didn't work with my habits so I didn't want to learn to navigate the apple Google is the only map source of authority for me but maps and sat photos are what made Google into what it is so I would really be happy to go back to land line phones and actual paper I think I could get a lot more done without distractions but the world wont let me so android for me
I miss the nextel ptt too, worked pretty good even in areas with ****** service. I too hate when when someone sends me an apple maps pin.
Apple is arrogant and snotty. THEY know what’s best for you, and you’ll do it their way, thank you very much. There is no way to do things if it’s not in line with Apple’s vision. I did an IPhone this time, and hate it in spite of the benefits. Love my MacBook Pro. Hate the IPhone.
Yes, and now apple says "we are going to scan your photos". Sure, who could object to today's subject? But what is next? Guns, trophy deer, old equipment, whatever the woke crowd picks on as the target de jour?
Google has been doing it for years on your old Android in the name of safety.
While we're talking about it, our phones , no matter which OS keep tabs on everything you do, say, and search. Even when you turn off all the "helpful" settings and targeted advertisements, you still get "suggested for you" and since you were here last month, how about this. Or you have a conversation with anyone, face to face, and the subject of discussion is the first thing that pops up in suggested news. It's always listening. We have no true privacy, unless you follow Spuds recommendations, faraday or mic or remove the battery. But you better than believe, your last know location was recorded, somewhere. Time for a new foil liner in my hardhat. Don't want them seeing my quiet thoughts too.
They also are cruising around gathering information on where your vehicle is parked and the vehicles around it then targeting you with whatever advertisement is associated with wherever you are parked. Next will be readers that scan as you pull into the parking lots then sold off as needed. https://www.verizon.com/about/privacy/automated-license-plate-recognition
What model was your Samsung that you liked, Crane Operator ? Chances are good that a new one is available somewhere.
I've been Mac since the early nineties. I decided I needed to run my business and not have to worry about running computer programs, worry about hackers, doing very complicated updates and learning all that crazy computer jargon the made all those PC users feel so superior. I have a 6S phone, and old iMac from about 2004 and two year oil Macbook Pro. I don't use any off site servers to transfer photos and I do hundreds of them a month. I use a real camera, Canon G9X, instead of the camera joke with the pin hole lens. I use a wire for transfer. I do have the tracker in the company pickup. I bill miles and work time from the outputs. If I had multiple trucks, there would be a tracker in all of them and I would make sure that all the employees knew that. I do Facebook on the old desktop only and that is only because I get to see photos of the grandkids. I don't care about big brother knowing where I'm at, it bores everyone to tears in short order. All my stuff is backed up on my internal cloud disk and a portable hard disk. I've found that the phone carrier makes more difference than any phone. Out here Verizon has the best coverage and plans so I use them. It is the only carrier that usually works outside of Pugetopolis and off the interstate highways. I have found out the hard way lately that the carriers and email providers are far more susceptible to hacking than any of the brands of phone.
It was a S7. Small size, metal back, pretty durable. I had lived for a long time with a small cracked screen, until I really dumped it and shattered the screen. I used a cheap motorola for a little while, and while it was 5 years newer than my s7, it was terrible. Freezing buttons, bad touch screen, bad speaker, bad camera. I had a nice leather pouch for my s7, and really like that size. Some of my guys have those huge phones and play the back pocket, front pocket, remove and sit it on the table game. I wanted to avoid that, so went looking for a size that matched my old s7, and the SE is right there.
There are quite a few new and unlocked S7's for sale on eBay. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr...locked&_dcat=9355&rt=nc&LH_ItemCondition=1000
I guess I was thinking I got the s7 five years ago, and it was great for the 5 years, if I buy another s7, I'm not sure I'd get another 5 years of "tech" life out of it. I guess I was trying to upgrade in tech years, and maybe I didn't need to.
I have found that a lot of cell phone problems related to the phone itself can be solved by using a decent protective case. My current phone has worn out two cases but the phone inside, despite being 7 years old, looks like it came out of the box yesterday. This is despite it having been dropped multiple times off machines and once fell 3 floors on to concrete in a process plant. I use an Otter Box and it seems to work. Last one I bought was about $30. I fail to understand why anyone would buy a cell phone costing hundreds of dollars then imagine that a $5 case will protect it. https://www.otterbox.com/
Aftermarket repair can usually replace a Samsung screen I phone is another story To me if you can fix screens or speakers for a few hundred bucks it beats buying a new phone I remember when verizon quit subsidizing smart phones I was a little surprised how much cheaper the plans became when you own the phone instead of rent it makes you want it to last longer
You forgot about the NSA - they listen across all OS's systems.
Especially where I am. A replacement screen and a new battery installed in the wife's iphone 5 for $15 including labour. Done while we waited (and watched). Obviously not genuine Apple replacement parts .......
I also have otterbox on my new phone. I had screen protector and case on my old one, and it dropped and landed just wrong evidently to get the screen. I'm sure the old corner crack in it made the rest of the glass weak. I've not bought a phone with my "plan" for a long time. I run straight talk at about $40/ month unlimited talk and text, and have gotten along fine. When I broke the s7, I ran over to walmart and $40 for a new motorola, and 15 minutes by the computer, and I was back running again. The iphone was quite a bit more than that, but the motorola was just to get me running.
Perhaps it is where you live. In my area an iPhone screen can be replaced in a day, in three different towns. I called them for prices after I ran over my phone with my truck. It cost me $120.00 The phone was in an Otterbox. It had tread marks on the screen and still worked. The glass was shattered.
Iphone screens use to be easy to replace, but around the 6 or 7 they went from a glass screen to a whole glass exterior, and screen replacement went away, I think some aftermarket still replaces them though. Iphone is the only smartphone i've had from the 4 to the 10, they use to be amazing because within the warranty period you could take it in for anything and get a new one on the spot, but that's no longer the case. I don't think they are great, it's just i've had it for so long and when I get a new one it's seamless moving everything over compared to moving to something else. I only run a case, nothing on the screen and i've only ever broken 1 when it was in my pocket by smashing something into it. Otterbox, etc definitely has better protection but I don't like a huge clunky case, and I find screen protectors affect the touchscreen too much. Although the newer one's are much softer they still stand up quite well. I find I get 2 years out of a phone, and then I get a replacement just before apple care runs out which will last me another 1-2 years. I don't know how anyone could live without a smartphone. Anytime my phone breaks, even if I just loose it for an evening it's absolutely awful, like loosing a limb type of deal how can you survive? Service was out for about 24 hours this spring, wow that was awful. I use it for work every day. No more paper plans, I pull everything up on my phone instead. Can check emails, take pictures of work, anything. Unlimited calls, texts, 20 GB of data I pay $80/month I believe with phone paid for. By the time you factor in paying for it it's probably $120/month that I write off it's well worth it to me. The only part I really hate is the tracking and watching you aspect.
I agree on clunky otterboxes. I use incipio, it just adds a little padding, helpful for 10+ years so far, knock on wood.
I’m not making the transition to iPhone very well. Heading back to android.
I've been android since the beginning, and never was tempted by iphone. I too like the smaller phones and have a Pixel 3a.
I hate the large phones too ... I have the Iphone SE ... the old one. With case, it fits in my jeans hip pocket. Transferring photos to my PC is easy with a cable. One does have to tell PC and Iphone to trust each other. Also at every connection, unlock the phone for the PC to access the photos.
It took me years to get to a hate only, (not loathe) level with my I Phone 10. I do believe you need a five minute tutorial from either of my sons, or any of 100 million young people in this English speaking nation. Not to say if you happen to speak Spanish, your available tutors might be even greater.
I'm an Android user with a Samsung Note 20, one of the big ones. I could never really grasp iPhone or Mac stuff. I agree that if you are in the Mac ecosystem things seem much easier with their stuff. I stayed away from having a cell phone for a while so I was kind of behind the curve and when I caught up Android phones were more open to do things with, so I went that route. I've attempted messing around with my daughter's iProducts and I just don't understand what it's doing. I agree with the concerns of tracking and listening, but obviously not enough to not use a spy phone. There are, supposedly, things you can do to make them significantly less spooky, but I haven't gone that route yet.
somebody's watching me - Google Search
I'd still run my old bag phone if it worked. I have a 16 year old samsung rugby flip phone. It has been dropped, run over, dropped in a pail of water. The buttons are worn off, and I can't hear the ringer most of the time. That could just be me though. I refuse to become a phone zombie. My wife and daughter live on theirs. My daughters I phone has a better camera than any Nikon or Cannon. I came out of the local convenience store, to the base beat of some kids car, only to find out it was a very well put together 20 year old walking by listening to her I phone. She had a bikini top, and short shorts, so no place to hide a stereo. Amazing how they pack the tech into these little phones.
Photos or it didn't happen
I have a S9 that is 2 years old............The last one before it got chopped into small bits when it fell out of my cup holder on my riding mower and I didn't see it. The one before that got left on top of my tool bed when I left a job and was 30 miles away before I realized it wasn't in the cab with me........long gone. Many other met demise in some way.......so I SUCK with phones. I use mine for pics, calls, email and texts, and thats about it. Its pretty sad when I have to ask my 12 year old grand daughter how to do anything else with it.
It like watching my 7 year old grandson playing with his mom's or grandmom's tablet. Swiping right and left to move from place to place and clicking on things to open them. Not sure how he learned how to do that. Me I plain hate those touch screens! Feel like a crazy person flailing arms around to move from one place to the next. And heave forbid if you move finger a quarter inch the wrong way when trying to "click" on something. Almost as bad as the touch pads on laptops!
Yea this is why everyone needs a camera phone....
Well I did some playing around with my new iphone and downloading. With my android I could just select all photos since last import, and download them all in one shot to my photos storage on PC. With my iphone usb to lightning cord, I can download without going to icloud, direct to my PC, but only about 6-8 photos at a time. If I try to download say 20 or 30 at a time, it will give me the "may not have imported" b.s. Thanks for the help guys. I'm learning. I ain't happy yet, but I'm learning.
Wall phone or does it sit on the desk? Push button or still rotary dial?
I've always had flip phones, still do, we keep it pretty low tech around here, all I care to do is talk on the phone and most days would love to go back about 35 years when nobody had a phone, we still survived then too.
No doubt. The "instant contact" society via the cell phone, text messages and email people actually had to plan their day, week and month in order to get a project done. Now some expect to call at 4:30 PM and expect you to have a 50K trackhoe on the site the next morning. My father was a framing carpenter when I was young and I remember the roll of dimes, yes dimes on the dash of the van where he would make calls at the phone booth during lunch break. The roll of dimes turned into quarters and then a pager showed up. The rest is downhill after that..
I’m an iPhone guy and have been for about 8 years. My wife is a diehard Samsung girl. I’ll admit hers has a way better camera but I’m so used to the apple stuff I don’t think there’s any going back. The majority of my phone failures has been dirt and metal filings getting into the speaker and forces me to use speaker phone or my Bluetooth headset. I do remember a time when we weren’t all attached to our mobile devices. Things were much simpler but I’m not sure I want to go back. The ability to order parts and get diagrams on my phone while I’m standing at a machine is pretty hard to beat. Along with that I can schedule work throughout the week, get pictures of broken stuff from customers so I can come prepared, take pictures of wires and hoses so they get put back correctly, and many many other conveniences.
I'm more of a visual kind of guy, so like someone else said earlier in the thread, plug your iPhone into the USB on your PC and then use Microsoft Explorers (the file system explorer) to access your images and videos. I think my iOS is something like 13.x. Getting "into" the iPhone file system from the PC will look something like that represented in these photos... There is one issue that you will run into with photo transfers this way, and that is orientation - I'll post an example in another reply since we can only do 4 images per post. PS: I have a Samsung Note 8 that I am seriously thinking about migrating to - I just haven't sat down to do it yet.
I don't know if this is a problem with Androids, but I always have (at least some) photos that are rotated at 90 or 180 degrees from what they should be, and I try to carefully position the phone either vertical with the "photo button" down or horizontal with the "photo button" on the right and the photo orientations are still inconsistent. (I have also tried reversing that and still get unexpected orientations - so I use the "preview" feature from windows to rotate the images once they have been copied onto my laptop.) clicking PREVIEW launches Microsoft Photo Viewer (I'm using Windows 7 Professional SP1) clicking the "rotate" button changes that orientation, but you must also either click the right/left arrow (frame) button to move to the next photo for the change to be saved... Hope this helps!
I gotta ask, no offense intended to anyone, but where do some of you older folks learn all this tech stuff from, some of you know as much or more than my kids do and they live with it every day. Do you take classes somewhere to figure it all out, or just buy it and play with it till you understand it?
We'll get an order for a brand new PC 490 or 238 and they'll want it equipped with a quick coupler and bi-directional option with slope and rotate. We won't even have the base machine off the trailer and they're calling asking, "is it done yet?"
I don't know if I qualify to answer this (58yo), but I took classes many, many years ago (with the old teletype machines) and have owned a personal computer of some kind ever since. So I guess a bit of both. I actually resisted purchasing a cell phone until about 8 or 9 years ago until the kids guilted me into doing so. (ie: My daughter said that if she got stranded somewhere, it would be nice to know she could call dad to come and get her.) Now I use the darned thing waaay more than I would like to admit! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PS: I started out with voice calls, texting, then notes, then playing music on BlueTooth, then GPS... But I draw the line at making my morning cup of coffee!
I don't know 1/2 the stuff you can do with a cell phone and it's probably even more than that. I'd take a course but I don't know if such a thing exists.
You play with it. When you can’t figure something out, you research, and you learn as a result. When a new anything shows up, there is a ton of “how do I ….” Questions that get posted.
Thanks for the honest replies guys, I have to keep asking my kids everything and anytime I use a computer, for some reason, tech isn't something I can retain like doing a repair on a piece of equipment. A repair I can remember for decades, a tech question seems to last a few minutes, and its forgotten again, not sure if anyone else that issue or not. I've learned how to post pictures a hundred times, yet tomorrow when I go to attempt it, it seems I need to ask yet again how its done or read over and try to figure out where I screwed up and it didn't work.
I have used the method Obe described many times. I just now transferred 646 photos and 69 .mov files to my computer in 1 minute 42 seconds with that method. All of the photos are in the correct orientation. None of them are are sideways like they were in previous iPhones I had. I now have an iPhone 12 with the latest update installed. There is an edit feature in the phone for photos that is really neat to use. It will rotate and reverse the image and other things. It may be due to the Apple IOS firmware and not the phone itself. 90% of what I know about using my phone was self-taught. The rest was from my granddaughter and YouTube. I would guess I am one of the oldest members on HEF. View attachment 244407
I find the biggest problem with newer phones is signal strength. They seem to keep putting weaker antennas in them all the time. I keep repeating “ can you hear me now” Best signal strength phones I ever owned were the Blackberry . Of course they don’t make them anymore ! The blackberry used a lot less data too because they zipped files before sending.
Transferring pictures and video is one of the reasons I really like iPhone and Mac. Take pictures during the day on the phone and when I get home all I have to do is hit the photo icon on the bar and there are my pics. Simple.
Used to have 'Armored' flip phones from ATT, would destroy the damn machines in less than two years, break in half, screen popped out, battery cover latches always failed. So when time to replace it AGAIN in 2012, opted for a 5S, that lasted some four years and battery degradation tricked me into a 6S just as the 8 was coming out(I am CHEAP) , so that worked until retired, and then the battery crap again, that replaced was dropping system features and dumping my contacts list on its own so upgraded to a 12. Seems the old phone had gotten wet somehow was that problem. Not unhappy with the 12 just not happy with the cost.
I have had Macbooks and went back to pc's. I just couldn't manage photos in them as easily as a pc. CM1995; Do tether your phone to your Mac or bluetooth them ? Dave; It took me several weeks to convince myself to spend the big money for the 12. I'm glad I did because the camera in it is far better than the cameras in the XR's. I bought the 12's directly from Apple because they gave me more money than Verizon offered. I got $240.00 for each one when I traded them in. One of the XR's was totally free when I bought the two of them about 4 years ago.
But not when they're frozen..........
No it's all done through my iCloud account. I can take a pic on my iPhone or iPad and it will upload to my Mac on it's own. The only issue I have here on HEF is I have to export the pics to format them as a jpeg as the iPhone has some format that's incompatible here.
I don't allow any of my stuff to work through iCloud. Basically, the way it works is your computer stuff is always down loading stuff into your iCloud which is on a server somewhere else and then the server connects to your other connected devices and copies all that is on the server to them. I will never allow my confidential files on any machine outside of my business. I know the iCloud is handy, but I'm tired of getting notices from companies that my personal information may have been compromised and they might offer some kind of insurance in case someone uses that information to commit crimes. If the companies and the government were serious about cyber crime they would put a million or more dollar penalty on any company that gets hacked and personal customer information is stolen. The other issue with being connected to iCloud is that the battery life is shortened considerably and you are using band width on the phone system if you aren't connected to a WiFi network. I download photos by cord into iPhoto because it is the only way into the box and then export those photo files into a jpeg file and into the appropriate folder. I'm not a fan of that but it doesn't take any real time. If I'm editing photos or video, I use Adobe Elements software.
John if "They" want to see pics of equipment and spreadsheets pricing building demo, pipe work and grading parking lots then they can have at it. The efficiency of being able to pull up a set of blue prints or pricing sheet on my iPhone in the field is worth Them being able to see my data. The NSA didn't build that huge facility out your way to only spy on foreign interests - nothing is private anymore if one is connected to the net.
This photo is straight from my iPhone 12 photo library. I didn't reformat it or alter it in any way. It was posted with my phone.
It's not our government that I'm concerned with. It's someone accessing some piece of evidence or confidential information that I might have as part of a billing or court case and stealing from my client's account or revealing some confidential information to a competitor. The issue comes from Africa, Asia and Russia like all the problems on the internet. Have you talked to your attorney or insurance company about your computer security?
That's because the server you posted it to automatically translated it into a format that it can deal with. Try sending that photo to someone with a PC to print it out.
I do it several times a week. I email them to myself most of the time. About once a month I tether the phone with an Apple OEM Lightning cable. I have no problem printing them from either source. I don't know what model iphone CM1995 has, but an iPhone 12 can take photos with the .jpg extension. There is a way to alter extensions in the camera settings for anyone not aware of that feature.
I have I Phone 8. It's getting old now. Battery wasn't holding charge well. Staples changed it. Took about two hours because the guy who does it was out at the time, scheduled to be in an hour later. It cost $35.