Hello everyone, Centranz is a company based in the Kansas City, Mo area, We specialize in Volvo,TEREX, Allison and ZF driven equipment. If you have any questions. www.centranz.com [email protected] 816-408-7100
Hi Joe Im in the DRC. Stripping PT2519 transmission. What is the procedure to remove the K1 clutch hub retaining rings?
[email protected] Email adress not working
Volvo says in the service book....... "2. Locate and pry out the opening in lock ring that holds the thrust plate. Use a scribe, screwdriver, or similar. 3. Pull out the lock ring from the clutch drum." It really isn't quite as simple as that though because in reality you need at least 2 pairs of arms and lightening fast reactions, oh and a thesaurus to learn some new swear words
I dont speak french but I mastered it in no time through swearing.Trying to get those retainer rings out. The trick is use a scriber and turn the retaining ring untill you find the gap. I clamped the complete housing lightly in a vice. Then lifted one end of the ring with a small screwdriver. Unscrew the vice. Use a pliers to pull out the ring.