Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Centre joint removal Hitachi EX60URG

Cwal · 2017-11-25 06:03

I am looking for some details on the removal of centre joint assembly HCJ 080A from a Hitachi EX60URG. I have removed 7 hoses and keeper assembly which makes top of unit move with top half of machine and all lines from bottom and the 3 securing bolts but the unit has come down make 20mm and wont come any further and I can not see anything preventing it dropping out so anyone who has done this or knows why it wont drop out would be very greatful of any info which will assist in me getting it out so I can overhaul the centre joint.

Replies5
  1. #1Bls repair2017-11-25 12:32

    Don’t know this machine ,others I have done had big snap rings

  2. #2squidrig2017-11-27 18:49

    The "keeper" is usually just a tab of metal that has a metal strap over it to loosely retain it. Did u remove it totally from the center joint side?also u might have to remove any fittings that the lines were attached to on the top half I f the joint

  3. #3squidrig2017-11-27 19:05

    A photo from the top and from the bottom would help alot

  4. #4joeblow2017-12-05 13:36

    Usually the whole unit will drop out the bottom by undoing 4 bolts.

  5. #5excavator2017-12-05 19:34

    When you removed the small hoses on both sides of the swivel, just above the deck, did you also remove the fittings? They need to be removed before it will drop down.