I have a couple 3 ton and 1/2 ton chain hoists. Going to pick up a couple 1 ton hoists for some upcoming work. I do a lot of rigging in low overhead marine vessels. I have Harrington hoists right now. Was looking for any input on the other brands out in the field. I only buy quality rigging, not looking for cheap brands or low cost, just opinions on what ones likes or dislikes and why. The price's are all close to each other with the different brands I am looking at. Great forum is a understatement for sure, very professional, have gained much from reading all the posts. Thanks for your input and have a safe and happy New Year! Ray
I know you aren't looking for low end. But I purchased one of the 500lb mini's from Northern. I use it just about every other day... It's so small and lightweight.... fits in your pocket. Rarely use anything bigger now.
My two are kito, 1.5ton and 3ton. They put out real good but get some real hammer. Guess living in allege dust and dirt is not a very good life. I've a tiny 250kg unit too, unbranded but it's actually handy. I used to use ratchet straps for small stuff until reading a thread in here. I got one and won't look back!
Merry Christmas All! I have two manual gantrys, the larger with a jib on one end. There are several (due to affordability) harbor freight (china jobs) that I don't like to take beyond 75% capacity. I have a couple of older CM's that I know have inadvertently gone beyond max cap a couple of times. If I could afford it there would only be the CMs. I do have a fairly old 10ton Jet that is very reliable too, but not sure of the quality of the newer Jets. Regards, Bob
Hi Williams Marine , The Harrington hoists are very good for rigging needs. We use both Harrington and other branded hoists more than 5 years. You can also check out this link - http://swlifting.com/hoists/ Thanks!